.... Jonathan came home last night and asked if I could decorate a brick for him!!! Of course, I said yes - a brick!!! Actually, it wasn't a real brick, just a cardboard one. The project the team is working on have identified a number milestones and as each one is completed, the team responsible gets to decorate a brick - I think they are going to build a bridge! I thought I'd have the weekend to to, but no, Jonathan had to take it to work with him this morning. Here's what I came up with;
Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Thoughts and Prayers
Inks: Distress Stains - Tea Dye, Wild Honey; Stazon - Forest Green; Distress Pads - Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Black Soot
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 25 (S5-077) #5
Accessories: Wax crayons and brown wrapping paper
I decided that I'd make the brick a wall. I wrapped some brown paper around the box, drew on lots of bricks and simply painted the box with Distress Stains (makes is so quick and easy). On the computer I typed up details of the stage completed using the font Castellar - which sort of looks like it's been engraved. I cut this out using the largest of the Labels 25 dies and while in the die I added shading. The intention was to make it look like an engraved plaque on a wall. I randomly stamped the branch flourish all over the box using Stazon - as it works over the wax. Here are a couple of different views of the "brick".
I had lots of fun decorating this brick - and I hope to see a photo of the completed bridge. That's all for now - I'm off to check Thursday challenges.
The weather here has been absolutely crazy. Yesterday we reached a record high of 15°C and this morning (as I type) it's snowing and the temperature is -5°C (23°F)!!! I think winter's back! See you soon.