... Good morning, it feels a bit strange not posting a card for CR84FN, and while I'm sad to say goodbye to the challenge, it does open up a space to play.
So I've made another chalkboard card using some scrap from my first card. This was actually my first attempt at the technique, but I didn't leave enough space for the sentiment I wanted to use. After finishing the other card I went back to the scrap and had a play. I over stamped the embossed circles and then stamped around the edge - I didn't reink, just used up the ink on the stamp. Then I decided to have a go at adding some colour.
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Yonder Star
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Whisper White
Accessories: Black card from stash; Promarker - Emerald; Staedtler - Ergosoft Pencils
I actually think this is my favourite of the two cards - I like the touch of colour and it's a bit grungier. I drew the line around the edge free hand and then got out my colouring stash. I used an Emerald Promarker and a couple of green pencils and just coloured! I did make a sentiment to go on the front, but it didn't look right, so I attached it to the inside of the card and will be posting this to Ben on Monday.
I'm submitting this card to Claire's Monday Morning Make Technique challenge - WMSMMM1 and to this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC166 where the team want us to use a splash of emerald green!
As we still have lots of snow around here, we are planning a relatively quiet day, although we do have to clear the drive and paths!! Jonathan is off for a photo shoot, Kathryn is still working on her Nancy Drew mystery and I'm going back into my craft room. I've joined in with a class at My Creative Classroom - Use Every Stamp 2013. In order to achieve the aim of using all my stuff I am doing a much needed reorganisation of stamps, dies and all the stash we have. It's not a job that will be completed in a week or even a month, this one will last at least the year. However, I made a really good start yesterday and finished cataloguing and organising all my dies and embossing folders - see picture below. The next step is to finish cataloguing my new stamps and then to move on to converting all my wood mounted stamps to cling!! That might take quite a while, but should free up so much space.
That's all for now - I'm off to do some more organising and I'll see you tomorrow with a card (or two)!! Have a great day.