Tuesday 4 February 2014

ASM - Anything Goes ....

.... Good evening!  Hi, it's time for our Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  We are joined by a new sponsor - StampArt Designs by Kathryne and I've used one of her fabulous digi images for my card.  The winner of our challenges gets 5 free digi images from Kathryne.  Our Guest Designer for the next couple of challenges is Dawn of LilyPinkScraps, she is a member of our Wall of Fame.

I like the Anything Goes challenge, and it's always popular, here's my card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: StampArt Design - Tulip Umbrella; Magenta - Happy Birthday; Stampin' Up! - Stack of Wishes
Inks: Versmark; SU - Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Rich Razzleberry; SU DP - Rich Razzleberry; Copics; White Embossing Powder


I absolutely love this image - tulips are one of my favourite spring flowers.  I'm so fed up of the snow here that it was a pleasure to colour (using lots of Copic markers) this umbrella of tulips.  I've used the colours and layout from this week's CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#59; I've included a bit of green - hope that's okay.  After colouring the image, I carefully cut it out and adhered it to the card with dimensional gel.  I cut a strip of Rich Razzleberry, stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder.  For the inside I cut a mat layer of Rich Razzleberry design paper, stamped a fun sentiment and added another image of the Tulip Umbrella.  I sized it down a bit and left it black and white.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It's entirely possible that you'll see this image again - so pretty!  For more inspiration do check out the cards from Karen, our Guest Designer and from the rest of the team.  As always we have a super selection.  I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations.

signature

11 comments:

Deepti said...

This is super gorgeous!! I love the coloring

karen h said...

So pretty! Great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in the CAS Colours & Sketch Challenge!

Kylie said...

That umbrella is brilliant! LOVE the shadow you have added and the colours are divine! xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I love what you've done with those colors Deborah! The inside is as pretty as the outside too :o) Hugs D

Nonni said...

What a beautiful stamp! I also love what you've done with this sketch, I would have wanted to play along in this challenge but was a bit out of ideas! :)

sandie said...

This is an adorable image and coloured so well and I love what you have done with the inside x

Sue said...

Hi Deborah, I love how you've used the image with the colours and sketch, very pretty! xx

Unknown said...

I sure loved this image too Deborah and you have totally done it justice, beautiful!!!

Flo Langley said...

Lovely card.

Louise van Vuren said...

You always amaze me with these quirky ideas, and using the umbrella filled with flowers is genius! Gorgeously coloured and a great take on the 'double' at CC&S. Thanks for playing
Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah. Lovely coloured tulips, love them too. Love the way you decorate the inside of your cards. Have a great weekend! hugs Monika xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...