Saturday 2 November 2013

WMSFC - Stormy seas ....

... Hello, I'm back again with my post for the our new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics - WMSFC#5.  This time we have some cool colours for you to play with - the inspiration photo is a stormy sea and that's where I got the inspiration for my card:

Yippee-Skippee - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - My Kind of Guy, Ocean Bound, Safe Harbour Sentiments; Stampin' Up! - Yippee-Skippie!
Inks: SU - Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise, Pool Pary, Smoky Slate
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax # 2 & 3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Island Indigo, Pool Party; Cuttlebug EF - Charles; SU Marker - Pool Party


I think Tara must have guessed that the UK would be hit by a huge storm when she picked this graphic for our challenge!  I love the image and the sea gave me the nautical theme.  I've gone for another masculine style card, although in different colours, this would work for a girl too.  I've used the sketch from last week's Sketch Saturday - SS282 (too late to link up this one closed yesterday).  I decided to copy the stacked colours from the graphic on the side of the card - using the single line stamp.  I cut a panel of white card and embossed with this fabulous chevron - love the texture of the dots - echoing the dots in the stamp!!  I cut a couple of flags and stamped this fun sentiment at the end.  I finished the front with the life saver.  For the inside I cut mat layer in Island Indigo and used another of the wonderful sentiments from Safe Harbour.

sYippee-Skippee Inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to check out Tara's card using our colours.  I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations with these cool colours.

That's all for now - see you soon.

6 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Deborah and a brilliant take on the challenge..a very clever card

Annr

Sarah G said...

A great colour combo - I will do my best to play along although I don't have many WMS stamps (just a long wish list!). Love the embossed chevrons and nautical theme on your card - the sentiment on the inside is fab!

Debra Miller said...

Lovely card Deborah - love the colors and the use of the sketch. ~Deb SSDT

Tara Cardwell said...

Great card - matching the stamps to the embossing folder was a touch of genius! Great idea to echo the strips of colour too and your lifesaver is adorable :-)
Tara
x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE that embossed chevron and the colors and that life preserver! FAB masculine card!

Kim Heggins said...

Fantastic card...I love that saying too, use it all the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...