Saturday 16 November 2013

52CCT - Recipe Challenge ....

... Morning everyone - it's the middle of the month - time is just flying by!  The big day is only 5½ weeks away, but before that we have Thanksgiving here in the US - I'm still getting used to a rehearsal for Christmas!!  Moving on, this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Louise has a recipe for us to follow:
  • A one layer card
  • Only a hint of colour
  • Bling or ribbon
Here are my takes on the recipe - I got a bit carried away!

52CCT Christmas 1 - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

52CCT Christmas 2 - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

52CCT Christmas 3 - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - More Merry Messages
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folders - Winter House, Distressed Snow, Christmas Wreath; Core'dination Card - Black Magic; Peel Off Sentiments; White Lustre Card; Gems; Glitter

I've been thinking about this recipe for a while pondering how to show a hint of colour, then it occurred to me that embossing Core'dination card and sanding would give a lovely hint of colour.  I used three of my Christmas EF embossed them, sanded and added gems and glitter.  I was going to stamp the front of each card with a sentiment, but decided that this was the perfect opportunity to use some of my (many) peel off sentiments.  I cut white panels for the inside of the card and all are stamped with the same verse - see below.

52CCT Christmas 1 inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

If you've not played along with us before, now is the perfect time to join in - you've still got time to make a stash for Christmas this year.  And if you're ahead of the game - well, what's to stop you starting on your stash for Christmas 2014?? :) ;)  Don't forget to visit the blog and check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  As always they are just gorgeous.  See you soon!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely embossing on these beautiful Christmas cards...so pretty!

Mynn xx said...

I adore ALL of these, Deb!!! The use of the black card sanded down to reveal the white core is amazing! HUGS and have a great week! :) Mynn xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow, Deborah! I don't know which one I love the best! Your idea to emboss core'dinations card hadn't occurred to me, but I think it's a brilliant way to add a hint of colour. I have hundreds of Christmas peel-offs too - I think they multiply in my stash box! Thanks for doing such an awesome job!

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

What a fabulous way to make a one-layer card Deborah. I love each of these cards - so awesome. Thanks for the inspiration! hugs D

sarahstone said...

I like how you sanded your embossing to show color! Great cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...