Saturday 2 November 2013

52CCT - Christmas inlaid ...

...  Good morning everyone!  Wow, it's November already!  Not including today, there are only 7 more Saturdays before Christmas. If you joined in with our challenges at the beginning of the year then you have quite a stash of cards ready, but if not - now's the time.  This week our challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is a sketch from Louise - it's a fun one.  Here's my card:

Christmas Time - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papertrey Ink - City Scene Stamps, City Scene Christmas Sentiments; Stampin' Up! - Warmth & Wonder
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Rose Red, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Garden Green
Dies: PTI - City Scene Dies; Lil Inkers - Stitched Circles
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Old Olive; SU Marker - Early Espresso; Glitter Paper; Glitter


As soon as I saw these stamps at Papertrey I knew they would find a home with me!  The challenge over at Papertrey's Make It Monday - MIM#138 is to use inlaid die cuts, a technique I've really been looking forward to trying out.

I die cut the circle and trees from a piece of white card, cut to the same size as the card base, and after removing the cuts I stamped the buildings following a diagonal.  The stamps are all two-step images and are very easy to line up.  I used a scrap of paper to mask the buildings and lightly sponged on some ink to suggest the sky - following the lines from the sketch.  Next I die cut the moon from some scrap white glitter paper and the trees and pavement (sidewalk) from scrap green card.  I attached the stamped panel to the card base.  Then I stamped the trees, stars and sentiment  on to the green die cut.  I carefully applied some wet glue to the back of the diecut and placed the trees in the space on the card, and did the same for the moon.  I finished the front of the card by adding the word "city" to the sentiment.  I really like the effect with the inlaid die cuts. I added a bit of sparkle to the buildings to suggest snow!  For the inside of the card I cut a panel of green card for a mat layer and stamped a sentiment and some trees on the white panel.

Christmas City inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now - don't for get to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team - we have a super selection to share with you.  Have a good weekend.

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Brilliant card Deborah, and lots of beautiful photographs too since I last popped in :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

Fabulous card Deborah! Love that city scene!

Stamps and Paper said...

LOve this card Deborah its so different...and ideal for a city dweller


Anne

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE your city and that glistening moon is FABULOUS!

Kristii said...

What an amazing card!! Love how you stamped on the diagonal and your technique is awesome!! Great take on the challenge!

Alex said...

Awesome way to create the sketch, what a lovely card, I've seen so many people use this stamp set creatively, I might have to add it to my next order!

Sadie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it all :)

Judy V said...

Oh, what a great card! That city scene is fabulous!

Mynn xx said...

This is such a FABULOUS take on the sketch--it's genius! LOVE that gorgeous moon! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah, this is just beautiful...I love how you used this wonderful stamp set. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration.

Ruth M said...

Deborah, oh my word, this is AMAZING, what a wonderful card! Such an imaginitive interpretation of the sketch and a really eyecatching design, a perfect Christmas cityscape card! Have a great week! Ruth x

Patricia Hays said...

Your city scape turned out very nicely! The sparkly moon is a fun touch.

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my goodness Deborah - seriously Fabulous in every way. I just keep looking at it - its really terrific!!! Hugs D

Rocky said...

This card is amazing. I love the die cut inlaid part but the skyline really caught my eye....very clever take on the sketch.

Louise van Vuren said...

Sorry for my very late comment, I've not been well over the last week and I've not been up to doing much at all. As soon as I saw this card I LOVED it! The way the inked sky suggests the diagonal, the images and the fab sentiment. My headache is too big to read how you did those inlaid die cuts - I read it but couldn't take it in. I'm going to come back and follow how to do it 'cos it looks amazing. Glad you had fun with the sketch

Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...