Sunday 24 June 2012

CR84FN57 - Happy Birthday Mona ...

.... today is not only the start of our new colour challenge at CR84FN - it is also Mona's birthday!!  So I've used our gorgeous CR84FN57 colours of bright pink, tan and a neutral, and the layout from this week's Mojo Monday Sketch - MOJO246 to make a special card for Mona.


I'm normally more of a clean and simple girl, but I like to try my hand at layers occasionally, and I really like the MOJO sketch, however, I have turned it on its side!  I started with some Very Vanilla card stock which I made into the card base  I found this bright pink card in my scrap box (don't know which company) and decided to use that to make the mat layers.  I've used designer paper from Kaisercraft and Papermania to decorate the card.  And, as this is a birthday card, I decided to include some cupcakes.  I stamped the images several times onto designer paper, cut out the layer and attached them to the card.  I coloured the little flowers with a Sakura glaze gel pen - they have a lovely shine in real-life!

Mona - I hope you have a fabulous birthday and that you've received your card!


Stamps: Hero Arts - Cupcakes
Inks: Memento - Rich Cocoa
Spellbinders:  Lacy Squares (S4-295) #2, Squares Sm (S4-128) #3
Accessories:  Kaisercraft DP - Tigerlilly; Papermania - Exquisite; Stampin' Up! - Very Vanilla Card; Ribbon and Sakura Glaze Gel Pen from stash

I also decorated the inside of the card and the envelope - here are a few pictures.



We have some super inspiration cards to share with you - do visit the teams' blogs:

Mona Pendleton, Lisa Somerville, Andrea Mathews, Sue Lelli, Pauline Pollington, Suzanne Czosek, Shannon White, Heather Jensen.

Sadly, both Suzanne and Lisa will stepping down from the CR84FN Design Team following this challenge.  They have both been really inspirational designers and very supportive, and I wish them both well in their future endeavours.  Do drop by their blogs and leave some love!

I hope you all have a super Sunday - my plans include watching the England v Italy football quarter final!  I hope England goes through!!!  Bye for now!

18 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Deborah, THANK YOU so much for the beautiful Birthday card and BIG Birthday shout out! I love all the layers and scrumptious cupcakes! It's even prettier in real life! I returned home from vacation late last night so when I checked the mail today, I had a sweet surprise! Thank you so much :) Hugs, Mona

Shannon White said...

Aww Deb! This is Just Darling! And so Pretty all at the Same time! I know Mona Loved this Sweet Yummy Creation! Love your Wonderful scrumptious cupcakes and the pretty dp's you chose for your lovely layers too! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, the cupcakes were just so PERFECT for Mona! LOVE that you added so many layers PLUS decorated the envelope and inside of the card! FAB sentiment, too! Super card!

Jackie said...

Good morning Deborah, what a lot of beautiful cards since my last visit, I particularly love the Pretty in Pink one :o)
Jackie xx

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Deborah, love the yummy cupcakes.

Donna x

Jenny said...

Delicious card Deborah!!! I love how you stamped them in brown ink to keep in with the pretty colour palette.
He inside and envelope just finish it all off beautifully :0)
Jenny x

Pauline said...

A lovely card Deborah, those cupcakes look yummy!
I have a feeling we will be watching the match too!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah groove the cake stamp which you have coloured beautifully

Anne

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such a sweet birthday card! Yum!!!

Suzanne C said...

What a fun and sweet birthday card. Lovely!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your cup cake card Deborah, inside and out, and that's a great sentiment to go with it too! Vicky x

Tara Cardwell said...

Looks good enough to eat Deborah! Love the matching envelope.

Tara
x

Lisa Elton said...

This is the perfect card for Mona's birthday Deborah, love those sweet little cupcakes!!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful card for Mona. I know she loved it! :)

How are things going in Michigan?

Hugs~

Claire said...

How cute are those little cupcakes Deborah! The inside of your card looks just as good as the outside - lovely!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Those cupcakes are adorable and I'm sure Mona loved them!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute BD card! Love the added dimension and use of the sketch!

Cyndie said...

Awww, such a cute card! Perfect use for the cupcakes, in this sketch, and what a great job you did cutting them out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...