Tuesday 19 July 2011

Black, white and ???, take two ....

.... we have a lovely challenge for you this month over at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.  It's a colour challenge

Black, White and ?????? 

Well, you get to pick the other colour!  It's the middle of the month, and time for a gentle reminder about the challenge.  Any style, any theme, pretty much what you fancy, but it must be black, white and ONE accent colour.

For my first card I went with red and I made a card for my mother-in-law's birthday - she loved it!!  I combined LIM23 with St Luke's to make a sweet card for my son - and this time I went with green!  And I've gone for green again - I like green - you might have noticed :)


The image was designed by Leigh Hannan and is made by Impression Obsession.  I love her style; she also designed the coffee set I used for the Waltzingmouse birthday Waltz.  This image - Damask Floral - is quite large; 11½ cm × 8cm (4¾" × 3¼").  I stamped it in Versafine Black Onyx and embossed it to give a sharp image and coloured with Promarkers.  I used the largest of the Labels 17 dies to cut it out.  I wanted to have very narrow borders around the image, the mats are all cut using the same die.  The image was cut a bit smaller by removing the embossed edge, the green layer is the actual die cut and the black layer was drawn around the outside of the die and cut by hand.  I was fortunate to find the green card in my stash and it matches the promarkers.  I finished off with a ribbon made from two - one green and one black, and a sentiment which I layered onto small scalloped circles. 

Stamp:  Impression Obsession - Damask Floral
Ink: Versafine - Black Onyx
Promarkers: Meadow Green, Apple, Leaf Green
Spellbinders:  Labels Seventeen (S5-025) #6; Big Scalloped Circles Sm (S4-250) #2; Big Scalloped Circles Lg (S4-249) #2
Accessories:  Sentiment, ribbon and card from stash


This is such a beautiful image that I had to take a close up of it.  You can see the fine scrolls in the leaves and flowers, and I think the sparkle is just about visible too!

For full details of the challenge - and where to send your card(s) - if you'd like - then check out the challenge blog.  And don't forget that this month we have a super Stampin' Up! prize donated by our Guest Designer - Zoe Tant.  At the time of writing, we have 24 entries - so it could be YOU!

Now, I'm off back to my craft room - I've a wedding card to finish.  See you soon.

10 comments:

Pauline said...

This is lovely Deborah, green is my favourite colour too! That's a very pretty stamp. Lovely card.

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, the colours work brilliantly and that image is devine

Buf x

Vicky Hayes said...

It really is a stunning image and looks wonderful in green - yes I am a fan too!

Stella said...

Your coloring is amazing. I love this stamp and your card is breathtaking!
Hugs!

Jenny said...

What a fabulous image Deborah and the colours you've used look fab :)
Jenny x

Sasha said...

Fabulous image, Deborah, and gorgeous colouring!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Deborah. Love the floral image. :)
Hugs~

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Deborah, its so elegent, your colouring is fab.
Kevin xx

Lynn said...

This is a wonderful card Deborah. I love all the green shades. A beautiful stamp. Will have to check out the range. Lynn x

Paula (PEP) said...

I too love green & as for the image - brilliant. This is definitely my favourite of yours to date - most definitely.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...