Friday 1 July 2022

SHC - Birthday Rose

.... Good morning. It's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I can hardly believe we've reached July already - the year is flying by. Today is my mother-in-law's 80th birthday and I made this card for her:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Painted Rose, Laurel Frame
Inks: Gina K - Sweet Mango, Red Velvet, Key Lime, Lucky Clover, Soft Stone; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White & Black Card; C&9 - Confetti Dots Turnabout Stencil

I'm submitting this card to Less is More - LIM#467 where the team want us to make a one-layer card with only one image (and words) - done! I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday - STB#241 where I'm playing with the Anything Goes birthday option.


I used an A6 notecard (measuring 6¼" × 4½") as the rose is a large image. I stamped the outline rose in black and then masked it off. I used the Confetti Dots Turnabout stencil to add some subtle pattern to the card in red and orange inks. I didn't use the stencil as a turnabout, just as a simple stencil. I removed the mask and used the two-step solid stamps to add colour to the rose - orange for the main part of the rose and red for the detail. The leaves are also two-step stamped images. I finished the front by adding a simple birthday greeting in black. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped the large rose again in soft grey ink. I finished by added a greeting in black.


My mother-in-law is a very keen gardener, and she loves roses, so this card was a pleasure to make for her. That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Deborah! An elegant design with beautiful colours. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...