Friday 17 June 2022

SHC - Sunny Days Ahead

.... Morning! It's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. Today I've another encouragement card to share with you - I need a lot of these right now. 


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Painted Shapes, Bold Butterflies, Rain or Shine, Good Vibes Turnabout
Inks: Memento - Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Rhubarb Stalk; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Positively Stitched Card Front Die
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Rich Razzleberry

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#06, also to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#431, and finally to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#39 - it's the first time I've used the stitched die plate.



I started by cutting a piece of white card to 5½" × 4¼". I placed the panel in my MISTI and stamped some fun shapes in shades of pink ink. I then added a few extra flower stamps, along with some positive symbols in darker pink. I stamped a greeting, in a fun font, in black in the centre of the panel. To add some more interest to the piece, I used the Positively Stitched card front die to cut lots of little stitched pluses over the front. I trimmed the panel down to 5⅛" × 3⅞" and layered it onto a piece of dark pink card and adhered it to the front of an A2 side-opening notecard. Inside, I cut a mat layer of dark pink card. On the white panel I added a simple greeting and then decorated the inside to match the front of the card.


I think this card will be going to my mum. She's recovering well from the radiotherapy, but still tries to push herself a bit to hard. 

Yesterday was a glorious day here in North Wales, so Jonathan took the day off work and took us all to Bodnant Gardens. It was just fabulous. I pushed my around - but she got up and walked about too - and when we went into the rose garden, the fragrance was just so beautiful. We didn't manage to walk far, but it was a lovely morning. Here are a couple of photos from our walk:






That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png


4 comments:

Darnell said...

I pray there are many more years filled with sunny days ahead for your mum, Deborah! I'm sure your beautiful and encouraging cards like this one bring her lots of comfort. It sounds like she is not letting it slow her down, though, and your trip to the rose garden sounds perfect. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Pat said...

What a wonderful card to give encouragement to your Mum and your day at Bodnant Gardens must have been lovely..great photos too. Thanks for coming over to the NBUS Challenge with this pretty card Deborah. x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and lovely pictures of the roses

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super card and a great sentiment, we all need sometimes. Gorgeous roses. Bodnant is a place I promise we'll visit. Good to know you all enjoyed it, you needed it I'm sure.
Take care
Faith x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...