Wednesday 1 June 2022

SHC - Birthday Wreaths

.... Good Morning!! I can hardly believe it's already 1st June!! Time is flying by. It does mean, however, that it's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. This week I've got three birthday cards to share with you. I've been doing the Spring Card Camp from Online Card Classes, and these cards are based on Laura Bassen's wreath technique. I'll start with the large square card:


Stamps: Altenew - Hello Sunshine, Beautiful Inside; C&9 - All the Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Key Lime, Sea Glass, Powder Blue, Lovely Lavender, Innocent Pink, Lipstick, Peach Bellini, Slate; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to The Paper Players - PP#593 where they have a tic-tac-toe grid - I've picked the diagonal - birthday, floral & circle. I'm also playing along with Fusion Card Challenge - FUSION#1122 - I've used the rainbow colours from the photo.



For all my cards I used my MISTI stamp position, although Laura says you can do this technique with blocks!! I cut a piece of white card 5¼" and drew diagonal, horizontal and vertical pencil lines on the card - with all lines crossing in the centre. I placed the card into the MISTI and put my first flower image on the top most vertical pencil line and stamped in yellow ink. I turned the card 90° and repeated the process, and continued until I had the horizontal and vertical flowers stamps. I returned the card to the MISTI with the yellow flower at the top, repositioned the flower image onto the diagonal pencil line between the yellow and teal flowers and stamped in lime green. I repeated the process above until I have a complete wreath. I repeated the process to add some more smaller star flowers. Next, I stamped a bold 'happy' in dark grey ink. I heat set all the ink before stamping the scripty 'birthday' in Versafine ink and heat embossing with clear powder. I adhered the finished panel to a black mat layer and added the whole lot to the front of a 5¾" square white card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I created a birthday greeting and finished by adding a couple of flowers.


My next card has a more masculine feel:


Stamps: Altenew - Parrot Paradise, Happy Dreams, Floral Sprig, Beautiful Inside
Inks: Gina K - Prickly Pear, Honey Mustard, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus, Blue Lagoon; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White & Black Card

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#239 - I'm playing along with the Anything Goes option.


I used the same technique as outline above, but this time I made an A2 side-opening card. I cut the white card to 3¼" × 4½", drew in the pencil lines and then picked leaves and darker colours for a masculine feel. I finished the front with a birthday greeting in black - love this font. I layered the panel onto a black mat and added to the front of the card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped a birthday greeting and another fun leaf.


My final card is another rainbow card:


Stamps: Altenew - Beautiful Inside; C&9 - All the Birthdays, Lucky
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Key Lime, Sea Glass, Powder Blue, Lovely Lavender, Innocent Pink, Lipstick, Sweet Mango; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White & Black Card

I'm submitting this card to Less Is More - LIM#465 where they have a rainbow colour challenge.


I used the same technique as outline above. I kept this card reasonably simple - I picked a group of stars, stamped them in rainbow order and finished with a bold black birthday greeting. As before, inside has a black mat layer and a greeting and decoration on the white panel.

For me June is a busy birthday month and I realised that I'm almost out of birthday cards in my stash, so it's been good to make a few. I still need more!! That's all for today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

A beautiful gallery of cards!

Ann Schach said...

Fun and cheery birthday cards, Deborah! I love the color choices and the rainbow stamping. The second card is so bold and beautiful!!! Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Christy Lynn said...

Love the rainbow effect with the bold sentiment in the middle of your wreath. Beautiful job, Deborah! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So fun Deborah! Love the cheery colors. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Tristan said...

Lovely collection of cards. Geat interpretation of our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge. Tristan DT.

shirley-bee said...

Love the masculine colours you chose for your second card, Deborah! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday anything goes 🥳

perfectly4med said...

Beautiful use of the technique - I particularly like the swirling stars in your LIM entry. Thanks for playing in our rainbow colour challenge at Less is More.
Neil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...