Wednesday 25 May 2022

SHC - Flowers for Mum

... Morning! I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft blog post. Today I've made a card for my mum. Like me, she was diagnosed with breast cancer just before Christmas. Mum had a mastectomy in February and, while she didn't have to have chemotherapy, she did have radiotherapy. It's a very intensive treatment regimen - every day for 15 days - and she finished her treatment yesterday. She's been such a star coping with all this. Mum loves bright flowers and so I made this for her:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Hello Wishes
Inks: Gina K - Applemint, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus, Dusty Rose, Redhot, Tangerine Twist; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Simply You, Quilted Cover Plate
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Daffodil Delight; Gems

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#38 as this is the first time I've inked up the Hello Wishes floral image - so pretty!!


I used yellow card to make the base notecard - it's a top folding A2 card. I used the quilted cover plate to cut the pattern into the front of the card. I stamped the two-step floral image onto white card. I stamped the flowers first and then the leaves. I used an ink brush to add darker green ink to some of the leaves. I added darker colour to some of the flowers with a small solid image. I cut out the panel with a scallop edge die and finished the front by adding a greeting and some gems. The greeting comes from Hello Wishes, and says ' hope you're doing well', I simply cut off the word 'hope' and stamped the rest. Inside the card, I die cut another panel with the scallop edge die. I also die cut the greeting. I adhered the panel to the card base, added back the middle of the o's and e, and finished by adding a simple flower.


That's all from me today. See you all again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! A beautiful and bright card for your Mum just when she needed it Deborah. Hope all goes well with her and You.
Faith x

Darnell said...

Your dear Mum will love her gorgeous flower card, Deborah! I love how you changed the sediment to get the greeting you wanted and I love the inside, too! I'm glad to hear she is doing well and I hope you are, too! Sending huge hugs and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS, Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So glad you and your mum are doing so well, Deborah! Thanks for sharing your beautiful flower card at NBUS! Linda, May Guest Designer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...