Wednesday 4 May 2022

SHC - Pastel Birthday

... Morning! This is my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. It's been prepared in advance as I don't want to be late again!! Last week, while I was full of energy, I not only made Jonathan's birthday card, but I made one for Charlotte his sister. They share their birthday on 30 April - seven years apart!! 


Stamps: Stamping Bella - Oddball Jane Austen; C&9 - Yay for Birthdays; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Passionate Pink, Red Hot, Sweet Mango, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Wild Wisteria; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Reverse Confetti - Big Flower Cover Plate
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Gems; Gina K - Masking Magic

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#237 but I'm skipping the topping option and going with Anything Goes. I'm also playing along with AAA Birthday - AAAB#37 where the theme is Let's Party. Now it's restrained on the front, but the message inside says it all!!!


I used the cover plate to die cut a pattern in masking paper which I added to the front of a white A2 note card. I lightly blended over a rainbow of inks to create a pretty floral background. I used my MISTI to stamp Oddball Jane onto white card. I removed the image and coloured it with Copic markers. I returned the image to the MISTI, restamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully cut out the image and added it to the card with dimensional pads. I finished the front with a simple birthday greeting in black ink, some gems and sparkle all over the dress and hat.


For the inside of the card, I cut two pieces of white card. On the large piece I lightly blended the rainbow of inks around the edge to create a pastel border to match the front of the card. On the smaller panel, I stamped a fun greeting and added some bold party confetti.

That's all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. I really do appreciate all your lovely comments. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Inkami said...

Gorgeous stencilled background paired with this fun image, your colouring is lovely!

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Deborah! Love that you made a stencil using your cover-plate and wonderful coloring too! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday.

Jane said...

Great use of that die to create a stencil. Love the soft colours, so pretty! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...