Friday 10 June 2022

SHC - Keep Positive

.... Morning! I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post - I've swapped with Tara for a while. Today I've got an encouragement card to share with you:


Stamps: Altenew - Bad Days Happen; Concord & 9th - Bold Butterflies, Painted Sayings
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Tangerine Twist, Warm Cocoa, Red Velvet; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Positively Cut Card Front Die, Bold Butterflies
Accessories: White Card; Card Scraps from Stash



This was fun to make. It took a while, but is so worth it. I used the Positively Cut card front die to die cut the crosses from an A2 piece of white card. I then found a rainbow of card scraps and cut out lots of little crosses. I adhered the die cut white panel onto the front of an A2 note card and used the in-laid die cut technique to replace the crosses in a rainbow pattern. I stamped the sentiment on white card, fussy cut it out and adhered it to the card with dimensional pads. I finished the front with a tiny die cut butterfly. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of purple card and on the white panel added another encouragement greeting along with another butterfly.


As you know, my mum and I were diagnosed with breast cancer last year and we're both going through treatment now. We're both doing well. I heard from my sister-in-law earlier this week, she had a mammogram recently and she too has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I know exactly how she's feeling right now, so I thought a bright, positive card would help.

That's all for today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh wow this is stunning. So sorry to hear that you are all going through the horrors of cancer treatments. Sending you all wishes of strength and positivity.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog. Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

Buffy said...

Lovely bright card Debs, definitely positive and cheery.
Sending love and hugs to you and triple-G.
Buf xx

JulieP said...

I'm loving your colorful background!! And the inside is just as lovely.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a colourful and wonderful card, great design Deborah. I hope you and your Mum are OK?
I hope I'm back to normality with my 'puter!
Faith x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...