Thursday 28 July 2022

Cat Card

.... Morning! Last month my son asked me to make a birthday card for a friend of his. She likes red, cats and would be celebrating her 31st birthday - but I had to put 29Bth - an in joke between them. So, this is the card I made and Ben was delighted with it:


Stamps: Dylusions - Cat Among the Pigeons, Numberology; Lawn Fawn - Milo's ABSc
Inks: Stamping Up! - Poppy Parade
Dies: Gina K - Happy Birthday Trio, Master Layouts 1
Accessories: White & Black Card; SU Card - Poppy Parade; Gina K Stencil - Fizzy; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; Gina K - Masking Magic

I'm submitting this card to a few challenges:

I started by cutting an oval mask from Masking Magic and placed that in the centre of a piece of white card that I cut out with the smaller of the two rectangles in ML1. I placed the stencil over the top and used a bright red ink going lightly at the edges and corners and getting darker around the masked oval. I stamped the large cat before removing the oval mask. I matted the inked panel on black card and then stamped the required number and added two more smaller cats. I stamped them on scrap white card and fussy cut them out. I adhered the panel to the front of a red card and finished the front by adding a die cut birthday greeting in black card. I also added some sparkle to the words with a clear aqua shimmer brush. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I simply added a light stencil of fizzy dots and another cute cat, and left a large blank space for Ben's message.


That's all from me today. Hope everyone is keeping well. I'd also like to thank everyone for your comments - they are all much appreciated.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Ooohh those cats look absolutely awesome!! I love how you've kept the rest of the card clean, so the cats easily pop up. '29B' is nice way of putting it as well! :) Thank you so much for joining the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wat een lieverd ! mooi en leuk kaartje. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Cardz 4 Galz
Very nice card? Thanks for playing at Cardz 4 Galz
Claudia

DT Cardz 4 Galz
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Cazro said...

Wow! A super card for all cat lovers and it fits our challenge purr--fectly. Thanks to joining in our fun challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...