Wednesday 14 October 2020

SHC - Iconic Christmas and More! ...

.... Hello! Sorry to have been missing for a while, I've not been feeling totally great, but I think all is well now. Not Covid related!! Anyway, I'm here with some Christmas cards - several in fact! I ordered some lovely new Concord & 9th and Altenew stamps from Seven Hills Crafts and they arrived last Friday, so I was able to spend the weekend crafting. I love the turnabout stamps that Concord & 9th make and I got the Iconic Christmas turnabout and made lots of backgrounds. Here's the first card I made:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Iconic Christmas Turnabout, Merry Mantle
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Peach Bellini, Prickly Pear, Tomato Soup; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Midas Touch Aquashimmer Brush; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#81, where it's Anything Christmas Goes.


I've used non-traditional colours here - I like the feeling of warmth they give. I used my MISTI to stamp the background and then trimmed the panel to fit the front of a top folding A2 card (US size). I edged it with an orange marker and adhered it flat to the card. I stamped the stockings and mantle on white card, coloured the images with Copic markers, repositioned the images in the MISTI and stamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. Then I carefully cut around the images. I adhered the stockings to the front of the card, added the mantle above and finished with a simple greeting. The inside is, as yet, unfinished. 


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Iconic Christmas Turnabout, Joy
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue, Dusty Rose, Blue Denim; Versamark
Dies: Concord & 9th - Joy
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Pink Satin Mirri Card; Silver Embossing Powder; Vellum

This is a large 8" square card. I used the whole 6" stamped panel for the centre of the card. I edged it with a blue marker, adhered it to some satin mirri card and added it to the front of the card. I finished the card with a large 'Joy' word. I stamped the large solid word in pink and carefully cut it out. I stamped the thin 'joy' word onto some vellum, and heat embossed it with clear powder. I used the matching die to cut out the word and layered the vellum letters onto the background word and added it to the centre of the card. I finished the front with a simple greeting from the Joy stamp set. The inside has yet to be done!


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Iconic Christmas Turnabout; Altenew - Warm Blessings
Inks: Gina K - Jelly Bean Green, Red Velvet, Christmas Pine, Obsidian Amalgam; Versamark
Dies: Altenew - Holiday Tag
Accessories: White Card; Gold Embossing Powder; Gold Satin Mirri Card; Green Fibres

This card has a much more traditional Christmas feel with greens, red and gold. It's a standard A2 card (US size). I layered the stamped panel on gold satin mirri card and added it to the front of the card. I made the tag with an Altenew die. I cut gold and white pieces and used a fancy edge to cut the zig-zag on the white card. I added a simple greetings and some stamped holly. I attached some green fibres to the tag and adhered to the card. Once again, the inside still has to be completed.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Iconic Christmas Turnabout, Merry Mantle, Joy; Altenew - Warm Blessings
Inks: Gina K - Key Lime, Sea Glass, Lovely Lavender, Kraft, Sandy Beach; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Concord & 9th - Merry Mantle
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Clear Embossing Powder; Green Mulberry Paper; Copic Markers

I made the card bases from kraft card. I cut the stamped panel to fit the card, layered it on some green mulberry paper and attached it to the card base. I stamped the wreath on white card, coloured with Copics, and cut it out with the matching die. I also used the word 'Noel' from the die set. I cut one black and three white words, adhered them together to give a more dimension to the word and added it to the card. I used the left over strip on another card. I stamped some snowflakes on the card, added the strip of card and finished by stamping the bold greeting in black and heat embossing it with clear powder. I still have to complete the inside of both cards.

That's all from me today. Do come by again tomorrow when I'll be sharing another Christmas card for Christmas 24 Challenge. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Deborah, you have to be with these gorgeous cards, great colours on each.
Faith x

Dawn Phillips said...

Love what you've done with that stamp. Can't beat new toys from Seven Hills Crafts. Love getting happy mail from them. Love Dawn x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...