Wednesday 21 October 2020

SHC - Halloween Wishes ...

.... Morning! It's almost Halloween - probably my favourite holiday of the year. Sadly, it's not anywhere near as popular here in the UK as it is in the States. I do miss seeing all the wonderful decorations that folk put out, but our village isn't too bad. However, I always make cards for the kids and I'm here today with my post for Seven Hills Craft blog - a couple of fun cards. Here's the first:


Stamps: Stamping Bella - Curvy Girl Loves Halloween; MFT - Four Corners Background
Inks: Distress Oxide - Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon; Versamark; Verafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Obsidian Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Sakura Stardust Pens

I've only just discovered Stamping Bella - no idea why it's taken so long, but there it is. I really like this image - she's really cute and such fun to colour. I used my MISTI to stamp her on white card. Removed the card from the MISTI, coloured with Copic markers, returned to the MISTI and restamped with Versafine black ink. I embossed the image with clear powder and then carefully fussy cut her out. I added some sparkle to the stars on her dress and hat with an orange Stardust pen. I stamped the large background image with Versamark ink, added clear powder and then used a soft, dry brush to remove some of the powder. I heat set the image and used three shades of orange ink to reveal the pattern - it's a lovely distressed look. I adhered the coloured image to the card and finished with one of the sentiments from the stamp set. On the inside, I stamped the girl again - slightly offset to the right hand side of the card.



I got another Halloween themed stamp set from Stamping Bella and used it on my next card:


Stamps: Stamping Bella - Mochi Bride of Frankenstein; MFT - Peacock Pattern Background
Inks: Distress Oxide - Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover; Versamark; Verafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Obsidian Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I used the same techniques to make this card, just changed up the colours. I particularly like this image as it's kind of based on the bride from the film, Bride of Frankenstein. It is one of my favourite oldies. I also did the inside the same as the other card, with the image off set to the side of the card and space for my message.


That's all from me for now. Catch up again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Buffy said...

Fabulous images Debs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...