Wednesday 28 October 2020

SHC - Guac My World ...

... Good morning! Can you believe it's almost the end of October? Me neither! Anyway, it's Wednesday and that means it's time for my regular weekly Seven Hills Craft Blog post. We are concentrating on the Colorado Craft Company. This company was new to me (well I only found it earlier this year) and I really like their Big & Bold range. These 6" × 6" stamps sets feature LARGE images that can be used to fill the front of a card, or you can you parts of the image. I'm using a fun set that features Avocado. Here's my first card:


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Avocado Love
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark; Gina K - Kraft, Black Amalgam
Dies: Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 2 #7
Accessories: White & Black Card; Kaisercraft DP - Fiesta!; Vellum; Clear & White Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

Using my MISTI stamp positioner, I stamped the avocado onto white card, removed it and coloured the image with Copic markers. I replaced the image in the MISTI, stamped again in Versafine black ink and heat embossed the image with clear powder. I put the image back into the MISTI and stamped the sentiment in the middle of the avocado, heat embossed with white powder so that the sentiment stands out, and then fussy cut the image. I found some paper in my stash that suggested brightly patterned Mexican walls, layered a piece onto black card and added it to the front of a 6¼" × 4½" card. I used a stitch edged die to cut a piece of vellum onto which I adhered the avocado. I then added that to the front of the card. On the inside of the card, I cut a mat layer of black card and a panel of white card. I added a strip of the design paper to the side, used kraft ink to stamp the flowered branch at the top corner and the avocado at the bottom corner. I finished by stamping the sentiment in black ink in the centre.


This card is for my stash of cards that I make for Jonathan. I often give him cards, just because, and I know that he'll appreciate the sentiment. I was having such fun with the stamps that I made another card:


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Avocado Love
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark; Gina K - Kraft, Black Amalgam
Accessories: White, Black & Kraft Card; Kaisercraft DP - Fiesta!; Clear & White Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

This is a standard 5½" × 4¼" (an A2 card - US size) card. I used black cardstock to make the card. I used design paper to suggest patterned tiles and added a panel to the top of the card. I cut a strip of kraft card onto which I stamped a greeting, embossed it with white powder and added it to the card. I finished by adding the cut avocado, previously coloured with Copic markers. On the inside, I simply cut a piece of white card and added the avocado offset at the bottom corner. There's plenty of space for my own message.


I'm submitting the first card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#51, where it's Anything Goes.

That's all from me for today. I've not made many cards lately, I've been busy working on my monthly Dyalog - I've gone for a Halloween theme this month, and I'll share some of it later. Take care.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Brilliant first card Deborah, I love the background and your fab Avocado stamp, lovely colours. Then your second card, I have to say it reminds me of an avocado on a kitchen countertop and i love the thinking behind your card. Fun sentiments on both also.
Faith x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Delightful cards, gave me the giggles. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Love to Craft Challenge #51 and we hope you play with us again! XXO, Aimeslee DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...