Saturday 15 August 2020

C24C - Jolly Snowman ....

.... Good morning! I must apologise for not commenting on your projects for our last challenge - I've been away on holiday. We stayed in the UK, but I've not been doing much on the computer. I'm getting back into the swing of things now and have made a fun card for our new challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#16. We want your Christmas cards to feature FANCY FOLDS. Here's my card:


Stamps: My Favorite Things - Bitty Holiday Wishes; Funstamps - Scribble Snowman
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Gina K - Cherry Red
Accessories: White Card; Carta Bella DP - Snow Fun; Copic Markers; Glitter

I'm submitting this card to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#76 where it's Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas.


I'm going to own up to being a boring card maker - I tend to stick to rectangular or square cards, so doing fancy folds really pushes me out of my comfort zone. I decided to make a triple stepper card and had fun making it. It was reasonably quick to make too. I started by cutting a panel of white card 8½" × 5½". I then followed the layout shown below. I know that in the UK and Europe we use metric and A6 cards, but I'm still using up US stash of cards, so I've done measurements for a standard US A2 card.


Once the cut and folds were done I decorated the panels with some winter themed paper. I also stamped my favourite scribble snowman on white card, coloured him with Copic markers and fussy cut him out. I adhered him to the long panel on the front and added glitter to the image. I added a small picture panel to the back stepper section made up of 4 layers, with the largest measuring 2⅝" square. I stamped the greeting on a piece of plain design paper using red ink. The inside is blank so that I can write my own message. Here are a couple more photos of the card with different views of the steps.


When the card is folded flat, it will fit in a standard US A2 envelope. It does have some depth so you do have to be careful of postage costs!


I think this challenge is lots of fun and I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs to see your creations. Have fun. That's all for now, see you again soon. Don't forget to visit our blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the design team.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card, I love yours design.
Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}>

Fabiola said...

vraiment adorable Deborah, biz

Anita van Deur said...

Cute card,love the snowman.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...