Wednesday 20 June 2018

TMR - Theme .....

..... Good morning! I'm preparing this post well ahead of schedule (yes, I know it's a surprise) because I'll be in the UK on holiday when the post goes live. So I've had to get organised!!! It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#88. We have a really fun theme for you; your masculine project must be

INSPIRED BY A FILM TITLE

That gives you so much scope. I had lots of fun going through my stamps trying to decide what to make. I had so many space film titles going through my head, but then I found this wonderful lion's head image and I knew exactly what film it was - The Lion King! I remember watching this film so many times when the children were younger. Here's my very clean and simple card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Born to be Wild
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Dylusions Mini Stencil - Holes; Clear Embossing Powder


I wanted to keep the focus on the lion's head - such a strong image. I used a mini Dylusions stencil for the background - inking with three shades of yellow to create a warm background. I stamped the image and greeting in bold black ink and embossed with clear powder. That's the front done - I like the way the image really pops against the 'wild' background. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped the lion's head again, this time using a couple of shades of yellow ink and added a birthday greeting. I'm submitting this CAS card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#23, where the theme is anything goes.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit The Male Room blog to see more projects inspired by film titles from the rest of the design team and also from our guest designer, Carol.

Finally, I thought I'd share a clip from The Lion King - enjoy:



signature

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Love that you used the HLS Lion for your card - it looks brilliant with your stencilled background. Great card, my friend! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the embossed lion head against the stencilled background
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful card, LOVE the strong image and your wonderful background.
Faith
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...