Monday 11 June 2018

Summer Succulents ....

... Hello again! I'm back with a summer succulent birthday card. I got the inspiration for this card from a few challenges: Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - HLSCAS#06, Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#294 inspiration photo, and from MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge - MFTWSC#388. This is my card:

Smile it's your birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Smile, Perfectly Succulent
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Traditional Tags Stax #7, Stitched Trad Tags Stax #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; BoBunny DP - Garden Party; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear; Doodlebug - Green Enamel Dots; SU Card - Crumb Cake


I got these new stamps from HLS a while ago, but it's only since I tidied up my craft room that I found them again 😄 I started by cutting a couple of tags - one from design paper and one plain white card and glueing them together to give a little border on the tag. I stamped the succulents on the plain white card, coloured them with Copic markers, put them back in the MISTI, restamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used my Scan'n'Cut to cut out the images. I stamped the words 'it's your birthday' several times along a strip of kraft card, embossed it and cut it into a banner. I stamped the large word 'smile' at the top of the tag and embossed it with clear powder. I attached the tag to the card, added the banner and then adhered the succulents, using dimensional pads on a couple of the pots. I finished the front by adding some enamel dots. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of a coordinating sheet of design paper and on the white panel added a simple greeting and another succulent.

Smile it's your birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSmile it's your birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm taking this card back to the UK with me at the end of the week. It's Ben's dad's 60th birthday at the end of June and I'm sending this to him. I'll be making a special card for Ben to send to his dad too. I'm safe to share it on here as Kim won't see the card!!

That's all for now - see you again soon.

signature

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! this is fabulous and so "neat", it'll be loved I'm sure.
Faith
x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...


Fabulous creative card!

Bobby said...

It worked beautifully putting those smaller succulents on a tag so they don't get lost on the card, Deborah. The DSP accents the tag and makes it stand out. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Julie B said...

Great take on the sketch and a fab combination of challenges.
Thanks for making us smile at HLS CAS as well as joining in at ATSM!. :)

BożenA said...

A beautiful design, I love both sides of the card.
Thank you for joining our challenge at HLS CAS.
Regards,
BożenA DT HLS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...