Friday 15 June 2018

Back to Back Retreat ATCs ....

PHOTO HEAVY!!

.... Hi! As this post goes live, Kat and I should be landing at Heathrow airport in London. We've left Jonathan to fend for himself and we're going to visit family and friends for a couple of weeks. So I thought it would be a good idea to schedule a few posts for while I'm away.

I'm starting off with a quick review of the Back 2 Back 2018 Retreat organised by Michelle McCosh of Everything Scrapbook and Stamps. B2B ran from 13th - 15th April, in Delray Beach, Florida - seems so long ago now. We had classes from Dyan Reaveley and Dina Wakley - both wonderfully talented and inspiring teachers. It was my third time attending B2B and it is always a pleasure to mix with a group of crazy and wildly artistic women, some of whom were returning like me, and many new faces too. Our classes were so much fun - we made books - but those I'm saving for later, when I've finished them!!

One of the traditions (of a sort) is an ATC swap. In past years, I've not got my act together to make any ATCs, but this year I was determined to make up for it. I started my preparations in plenty of time to get them all made - about 60 in all.  I made the backgrounds using Dyan's inking techniques and put the cards away to decorate at leisure.

Unfortunately, time got away from me and I realised about a week before I was due to leave that I still hadn't decorated the ATCs!! So instead of a nice relaxed time, it was a crazy time. I used a mixture of Dyan and Dina's stamps, words and techniques to make the ATCs. Here they are:














Inks: Dylusions - Postbox Red, Laidback Lilac, Pure Sunshine, Bubblegum Pink, Squeezed Orange, Polished Jade, Vanilla Custard, Mushy Peas, Fresh Lime, Periwinkle Blue, London Blue, After Midnight, Vibrant Turquoise, Calypso Teal, Tangerine Dream, Melted Chocolate; Various Archival inks
Stamps: A mixture of Dyan and Dina sets
ATC: Ready-made Strathmore Bristol Smooth ATC card blanks

I ended up making a total of 80 ATCs so I was able to swap with everyone and still have some left to give to people who'd swapped with me in previous years.  I still have a few left - ready-made cards for my art journals.

Here's a photo of the whole group from this year taken in the Zen Garden:


Michelle is organising Back 2 Back 2019 Retreat - Delray Beach, from 29th to 31st March 2019. Once again, Dyan and Dina will be teaching us new and exclusive classes. This is one of my "me time" breaks and I'm already signed up! That's all for now.

signature

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AMAZING, what wonderful assortment of art. Love the quotes so inspiring, a Fabulous set.
Enjoy your stay in the UK.
Faith
x

Jill said...

These are so wonderful! I love all the color and designs!! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...