Wednesday 27 June 2018

Happy Birthday ....

.... Today Ben's dad is 60 years old and Ben asked me to make a special card for Kim. The only request was not to include the actual number!!! So I suggested a shedload of candles instead and Ben liked that idea. This is the card I made:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Concord & 9th - Birthday Stacks
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Dies: Concord & 9th - Birthday Stacks
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise; Clear and Iridescent Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I had so much fun making this card and, thanks to the video that Concord & 9th produced, it is so easy to make. I started by die cutting dark aqua card to make the base of the card. Next, I die cut the balloons, put the card into my MISTI and lightly stamped the image, coloured it with Copic markers, put it back in the MISTI and restamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. I added some sparkle to a couple of the balloons. I did the same process to create the candle layer. For the front layer, I die cut the word 'celebrate', masked off the rest of the card and then covered the die cut word with Versamark and heat embossed with iridescent powder, I repeated this three times to make the word strong and sparkly!! I removed the mask and then stamped the greeting below. I followed the instruction on the video to assemble the card and I'm thrilled with the result!! On the back of the card, I die cut a panel of white card to make an area for a greeting and a place for Ben to write his message.

Happy Birthday back - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#23 - where the theme is anything goes. I've taken a couple of extra photos to show the depth inside the card and also the sparkle on the word 'celebrate':


This post was written before I left the States for our trip to the UK. As the post goes live, we're coming to the end of our visit. Kat, my mum and I are in Doncaster today, spending time with my niece, nephews and great-nephews and niece.

That's all for now - see you again soon.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...