Friday 8 September 2017

Uniko - Stars and More Stars ....

.... Morning! It's the last day of our introductions for Uniko's September release. Today we have another addition to the Background Blocks series - BACKGROUND BLOCKS STARS, and another in the set in the Background Builders series - BACKGROUND BUILDERS SEEING STARS. You might have noticed a distinct, and very on trend, theme with this release. I absolutely love this release.

Awesome - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Background Builders Seeing Stars, All Occasion Sentiments #2
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Lemon Lime Twist, Brocade Blue; Gina K - Onyx Black; Memento - London Fog
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glossy Accents


I've combined a couple of challenges in this card. I've used the colours of royal blue and lime green from the current Less is More - LIM#344 and the layout is based on the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#237, sadly the challenge has closed, so I can't play along!

I stamped the stars on white card and coloured the striped one with Copic markers, adding a touch of sparkle to the stripes. I carefully cut them all out. I knew that I wanted to pair these stars with the word "AWESOME" from All Occasion Sentiments #2 - it has a star in the middle! I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller than the base and stamped the word in black towards the top. I added some sparkle to the inside of the star. The longest part of this card was planning the layout of the stars! Once I had them laid out, I took a photo on my phone and used that to help me position them properly. I attached the green stars flat to the card, then used one layer of dimension tape on the blue circle one and the grey (by the dotty green). The last two stars were attached with two layers of dimensional tape. Then I added the smaller stars. I edged the white panel with blue and green and used dimensional tape to attach it to the base. Finally, I added some glossy accents to the black star. On the inside I stamped some star borders on the top and bottom of the panel and finished by edging with blue and green copics.

Awesome inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My next card showcases Background Block Stars - and I'm so pleased I had the actual stamps as I was able to emboss the image:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Background Block Stars, Simply Said Blocks, Reach for the Stars
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Onyx Black; SU - Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder


I stamped the block image in pale grey on white card and coloured it with Copics then, as I used my MISTI, I put the card back in and restamped it with Versamark and then heat embossed with silver tinsel powder for a subtle powder. I made the mat panels by die cutting two panels of white card and then colouring them with Copics so they match the stars. I added lots of sparkle to the open stars with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I finished the front by stamping Happy Birthday with the new Simply Said Blocks - I really like the contrast of the clean, fresh image and the bold sentiments. On the inside I cut a panel of white card, edged it with Copic markers and added some more stars and a greeting. I've used the colours from this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#421.


Happy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit the main Uniko blog to see lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

RELEASE DAY: Tomorrow - Saturday 9th September at 9.00am BST. There will be a DT Blog Hop and a Giveaway. Do leave comments as you go along - we all like them.

That's all for now - see you tomorrow!

signature

13 comments:

Jane said...

Super showcase Deborah. Love the placement and colours of the first one and the silvery shine of the second.

Rahmat said...

great cards Deborah, love the star in the sentiment!

Beverley said...

I love the sentiment pairing and how you used the sketch on your first card, the colour combo is FAB too. An awesome CAS masculine card. The Background Block Stars on your second card looks wonderful embossed in silver and I love the coloured corner mats, I will have to remember this idea. Thanks for an awesome showcase. Hugs Bev x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A scrumptious duo Debs and as soon as I saw the first one I thought "she MUST enter LIM" so I'm thrilled to see you have and it works so beautifully in a perfect crisp and clean design. Also love the orange and turquoise combo ... not sure I'd have put those colours together on a card but it's delish! Need to give that a go! Thanks for playing at LIM and looking forward to seeing what's up your sleeve for tomorrow. x

Izzy Scrap said...

Two stunning cards Deb ! I'm like Sarah, when I saw your first card I knew you were inspired by the LIM colour challenge ! But you did better, you matched it up with a sketch challenge too and the result is AWESOME !
I also love your second card, very beautiful in this combo of colours and the silver embossing ! Another fabulous showcase ! xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Oops, I forgot to thank you for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Very nice creations!! These stamps are awesome!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the way you framed the stars with the
matching colors from the stars. The silver
really glows.
Thanks aor sharing.

Lindsey said...

Awesome pair of masculine cards! Love the pairing with the sentiment & the mirror image card is very original xx

Craftychris said...

Both these are awesome! So are the stamps! xxx

Marianne said...

Love your first card! Such delightful colours.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards.

cm said...

I'm starry-eyed with awe at your showcases today! You certainly have made this set the 'stars' of the stage! WOW!
Hugs~carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...