Wednesday 13 September 2017

TMR - Technique and DT Call ...

... Hi! I'm here this morning with my card for our new challenge over at The Male Room - TMR#69. We have a fun theme for your masculine projects; for the next couple of weeks - we want use to use MASKING. I've made an autumn themed card:

The Best - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampendous - Pattern Leaves; Concord & 9th - Kindhearted
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Sweet Mango, Tomato Soup, Kraft, Honey Mustard, Warm Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Charcoal Brown, Black Onyx
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Early Espresso; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Gold Embossing Powder


Using my MISTI I stamped the large patterned leaf in the centre of the card. I coloured it with Copic markers then I ran a dust buddy over the image, put the card back in the MISTI and stamped the image again with Versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. I added a touch of sparkle to the leaf with a clear Wink of Stella brush. This method gives a really crisp image. I masked the leaf and used my MISTI to stamp the repeat sentiment in the background. This is a technique that I learnt from Jennifer McGuire. On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark brown card and on the white panel I partially stamped the leaf twice and added a greeting.

The Best sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThe Best inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to a few challenges: Less is More - LIM#345 - where it's one layer week with colouring in, Creative with Stamps - CWS#18 where they want leaves, and House of Cards - HOC#09 where they have colour and/or text - I've got both.

Do visit The Male Room to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to play along.

Now the bit in the title where I said DT CALL - The Male Room is looking for some new DT members - full details can be found on the blog.

That's all for today. I'll be back again tomorrow.

signature

14 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is fantastic Deborah!!!! I love the word background and that fabulous leaf of many colors embossed in gold on top of the words. Made me go right to Amazon and buy that leaf set! Thanks for enabling me!!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL card Deborah and colours, such gorgeous work on the leaf too .
Faith
x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is so beautiful Deborah and a brilliant technique with the sentiment behind the image. Super Autumnal shades and a great take on our colouring challenge at Less is More this week. Thanks for joining us.

Izzy Scrap said...

This is so beautiful Deborah ! I love this gorgeous and original leaf and it looks stunning with these autumnal colours together with the gold embossing ! Love your masking technique too and what a brillant idea to stamp the sentiment in a colour gradient ! Love it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Nonni said...

Wow Deborah... This is an amazing card! I love your color choices and the techniques you used. The repetitive sentiment background looks great and I just love the patterns on the leaf and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Rocky said...

I love the colours on this gorgeous card, so pretty. With my HOC hat on I'd like to say thank you for sharing it with us.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a gorgeous and intricate (leaf) card, Deborah! I love the color combination - especially with gold embossing! The beautiful Ombre-look sentiment background is such a clever idea too! Hideko

Dorlene Durham said...

WOW. This card is so pretty! I love the gold embossed leaf. Thanks for writing how you did it. And thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Kathyk said...

This is just SPLENDID, Deborah

Kathyk

Jane Willis said...

This is really gorgeous, and I've picked up a new tip - I'd never thought of using the Misti to restamp in an embossing ink after stamping and colouring an image. It looks sensational!
Jane

Maria Valente said...

What an amazing card! Thank you for joining our Creative With Stamps challenges this month! Hope to see your great creations again!
Hugs, Mary (DT)

Rosmarie said...

Wow, Deborah, I love this card! This autumn leaf over this fabulous background is incredibly beautiful! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards.
Rosi x

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Deborah
I really love that leaves
and so many color on it is perfect
lovely sentiment stamped ombre too
Great card Deborah
many thanks for joining us this month at our challenge Creative with Stamps.
Hugs
Monika

Gwendolyn said...

Thats is sooo gorgeous Deborah! I love your heat embossed leaf and the colours are perfect for a masculine card! Thanks so much for joining our Leaves challenge over at Creative With Stamps and we hope to see you back next month! Cheers, Gwendolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...