Wednesday 15 February 2017

TMR - Theme ....

... Morning! I can't quite believe just how fast this month is flying by! It really doesn't feel like two weeks since our last challenge, but it is. For the next couple of weeks at The Male Room - TMR#54 we want to see WHEELS on your masculine projects. What type of wheels you use is entirely up to you! I opted for wheels on a car:

Good Company - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Beautiful Ride
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Teresa Collins DP - Far & Away; Copics


I used the sketch from Reverse Confetti - RC#45 for the layout - I've taken a few liberties, but you can see the basic sketch in my card. The colours are from the current Can You Case It - CYCI#146 challenge. I stamped the car, surf board and suitcases on some scrap white card, coloured them all with Copics and then carefully cut them out. I edged all the images with a black markers to hide the white card. I cut a panel of design paper - I like the compass and maps flags as they suggest a journey - and adhered it flat to the card. I used dimensional gel to attach the car, surf board and suitcases, they only have a little dimension as it's easier to post. I finished by added the sentiment. On the inside I cut a mat of design paper and on the white panel added the car and a greeting. This one is for my stash!

Good Company inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGood Company sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit The Male Room blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the Design Team. You've got plenty of time to play along with us, deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) Tuesday 28th February (7.00pm EDT). Have fun!

signature

6 comments:

Jane said...

Such precision in your cut outs and the background paper is perfect.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Wonderful card, Deborah! Love your design and your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI! ~ Crystal

~amy~ said...

What a fun take on the sketch! Love how you stamped the interior too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great idea and beautifully executed, love the colouring and colours.
Faith
x

Rocky said...

Great card and love the sentiment.

Jeanne J. said...

Such a fun card Deborah.. you've got me dreaming of a road trip.. are you sick of the midwest winters yet? California dreamin today with your cute card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...