Wednesday 1 February 2017

TMR - Theme ....

... Morning! I hope your week is going well - mine is going fast!! Winter has made a return to Michigan. Most of Janaury has been unseasonably mild, but we've had several inches of snow this week. It's very pretty, but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to spring. The only advantage is that it gives me the perfect excuse to stay in the warm and play in my craft room. Today is the 1st of February and also time for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#53. For the next couple of weeks our theme is NUMBERS. We want you to use numbers - as creatively as you like - on your masculine projects. I made a birthday card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Visible Image - The Ripple Effect; Stampin' Up! - Word Play
Inks: Distress - Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Lucky Clover; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Winnie & Walter Cutaways - The Big, The Bold & Party; The Big, The Bold & Happy
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Attitude!; Clear Embossing Powder


This card is really quick to make. I started with a piece of design papers that had numbers embossed on it. I wasn't keen on the base colour, so I added shades of blue and green with my distress inks. I love the way the numbers now pop from the background. I cut the panel to size and adhered it flat to the card. Next I die cut the greeting from plain white card - I kept it really simple by simply adhering the words to the card. It will post easily too! On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark design paper and on the white panel I stamped a grungy ripple circle using all the inks that I'd used on the front. I finished by adding a bold greeting in black and embossed it with clear powder. I'm submitting this card to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where it's ANYTHING GOES!!

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This card is going into my stash - Kat has several friends at school who have birthdays coming up! It's good to be prepared!

Don't forget to visit our blog to see more inspiration from the Design Team. There's plenty of time to join in with us - deadline is midnight (GMT) Tuesday 14th February, 7.00pm EDT in the States.

signature

4 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous cards! 2 wonderful designs! Love them both!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GREAT card Deborah, love how you have changed the paper and as you say how the numbers pop. until I read the "recipe" I thought the sentiment was embossed too, LOVE it. Great insert too.
Faith
x

Andreja said...

What a fantastic cards you made :-)) Such a beautiful paper with numbers you use.
Hugs, Andreja

Jane said...

Super idea to change up a paper to a colour you prefer, must give that a try! Good to enjoy snow from the inside, especially a crafty inside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...