Thursday 14 April 2016

With Sympathy ....

... Good afternoon! It's beginning to look like spring is arriving at last, while it's a bit cool, we do have bright sunshine and the birds are singing so loudly. Unexpectedly, I had to make a sympathy card today. It's always so much easier to make them and have a few in my stash, than to make as needed. This is what I made:

With Sympathy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Favourite Things - Grand Peaceful Wildflowers
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Grey Flannel; Brilliance - Starlite Silver
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Smoky Slate; SU DP - Basic Grey


I've used the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#232 for the layout, and I'm also playing along with Addicted to Stamps & More! - ATSM#189 as it's CAS. I stamped the tall grass with a second impression in silver and then stamped the flowers in grey and black on top. I edged the card with a silver metallic marker and layered it on pale grey card, and then attached the whole lot to the card base. I cut a piece of design paper attached it to the card, stamped the sentiment on white card and adhered it above the DP. On the inside I cut a mat of pale grey and on the white panel stamped a flower in grey and added a sentiment.

With Sympathy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWith Sympathy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It's nice getting back into playing along with challenges, and I'm so pleased to be able to join ATSM this week - it's been ages! That's all for now, I've still got lots of bits to sort out in the house. I am determined to get rid of all the packing boxes by the end of next week. See you tomorrow!

signature

5 comments:

Jen Timko said...

I'm sorry that you need this but it is really beautiful. Soft and elegant! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful design and so right for a sympathy card, never the easiest of cards to make. Karen x

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely, elegant card! I love the black and white! That flower is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Very classy and elegant! Beautiful card! Thanks,for,sharing it at FMS!!

Unknown said...

Very elegant and pretty card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Kamila DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...