Saturday, 23 April 2016

52CCT - Stash ....

.... Morning! It's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT16-16 and it's a stash challenge. Patricia has picked metal embellishments. I'm sure that like me, you have all kinds of metal stash - eyelets, brads, charms, paperclips - you can use as many or as few as you like, but we must be able to see them clearly on your card. Here's my card and I think the metal is obvious!

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Flurry of Wishes; Uniko - Stunning Snowflakes
Inks: SU - Concord Crush; Brilliance - Starlite Silver
Dies: Die-namics ovals
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kanban Card - Purple Mirri; Vellum; Silver charm and wire


The challenge over at Merry Monday - MM#201 this week is to use purple, silver and white - done! I've had this wonderful purple mirri card in my stash for a while (years!!). It's embossed with lovely silver snowflakes and I wanted to show it off on the card, but mirri card can be very hard to photograph. I cut a panel of white card and die cut an oval in the centre, behind which I added some vellum - now you can see the colour and pattern! I stamped some snowflakes in silver and added a sentiment in purple. I finished the card by hanging a silver Christmas tree charm to the front. On the inside I cut another layer of the purple mirri card and added a sentiment and more snowflakes on the white panel.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the team. Have a great weekend, see you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love that Christmas tree charm, Deborah! It's so pretty on that snowflake background! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Margaret said...

The charm is charming - I love it!

Susan Joyce said...

Love your card Deborah, that mirror card is so pretty, and I like how you neutralised it with some vellum. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Love the shiny background and such a perfect embellishment!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday :)

Julie said...

So stunning. Love the color combo and the way you used the embellishment
fab card.
Julie t

lilybygilly.com said...

Simply stunning Deborah - what a fab metal charm. And your card is just as gorgeous on the inside (love that) xxx

fabiola jaques said...

Elle scintille cette carte D├ęborah, j'aime la superposition du papier et du calque qui lui donne du relief, biz

Alison C said...

It's a lovely card. I do like the colour and the little tree.

Patricia Hays said...

The little tree charm is great! :) You did a super job with both challenges.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...