Wednesday 27 September 2023

Sympathy Cards

.... Hello again! Yesterday I shared some sympathy cards I've had to make. Today, I'm sharing some more. This is the first:


Stamps: MFT - Deepest Sympathy; Gina K - Fancy Feathers
Inks: Gina K - Lovely Lavender, Ocean Mist, Soft Stone; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Fancy Feathers, Master Layouts 8, Lots of Dots
Accessories: White & Black Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; Silver Satin Mirri Card


This card was inspired by the card Gina K made in a five minute video using the Fancy Feathers die. I changed up the colours, the feather used, the direction of the dots and the stamps used. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped two of the smaller feathers and added a simple greeting in black.


This is the second:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Fine Feathers; Waffle Flower - With Sympathy Duo
Inks: Gina K - Lovely Lavender, Ocean Mist, Stormy Sky; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: WMS - Fine Feathers
Accessories: White & Grey Card; Gina K Stencil - Lush Leaves; Silver Thread; Crystal Gem; Copic Marker


I started by stencilling a background pattern onto white card - I simply used the ink left over on the brushes. I trimmed the panel to size and added a black border to the top and bottom with a black Copic marker. I stamped the message in black ink and added some wings below with a tiny gem in the middle. I finished the front by adding two feathers - one stamped in blue and one in lilac. The stamp set and dies from WMS are both discontinued. For the inside, I cut a piece of white card which I edge with a black marker. I then stamped a simple message and added another of the feathers to the corner of the panel.


And this is the final card:


Stamps: Gina K - Bold Bloom, So Many Sentiments; WMS - Frame It
Inks: Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: White & Black Card; Copic Markers; Sakura Stardust Pens

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#54 - this is the first time I've used that beautiful flower.

I used my MISTI to stamp the image on white card, removed it and coloured it with Copic markers. I returned the image to the MISTI and restamped with Versafine Claire Nocturne ink - such a deep black. I used a stitched edge die to cut out the image, stamped a sentiment below, adhered it to a black mat and glued it to the front of an A2 (US size) white note card. I added a touch of sparkle to parts of the flowers and leaves with Sakura Stardust pens. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped a simple sentiment and added the flower in the corner.


I mentioned yesterday, that these have been the hardest cards I've had to make. They were all for my family. My lovely cousin, Neil, died on Monday 18 September - he was only 57 years old. 


Neil was such kind man and much loved by all the family. Neil's passing has left a huge hole in our hearts.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards Deborah, and knowing and loving the family makes it harder, but they are all lovely cards.
Faith x

foleysfriend said...

The combination of the leafy stencil and feathers is so pretty. Love the colors of the feathers. Sorry you had to make sympathy cards and I hope it brings som comfort to the recipients. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

sue n.

foleysfriend said...

Love the pretty colors of the "no words" card and the shine of the feather die cut. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

sue n.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...