Tuesday 26 September 2023

A Trio of Sympathy Cards

... Good morning! The cards I'm sharing this morning are amongst the hardest I've ever had to make. I used a technique that Gina K demonstrated last week - to use paper, stamps, and card. Here are the cards I made:


Stamps: Altenew - Dot Botanicals; Waffle Flower - With Sympathy Duo; Gina K - Sympathy & Love
Inks: Gina K - Fresh Asparagus, Black Onyx; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Soft Sea Foam, Pear Pizzazz, Gumball Green

I'm submitting these cards to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#54 - I've had the stamps for a while, but never used them!!


The technique that Gina showed us is brilliant. I picked three shades of green card and cut the strip to ½", although you could use more colours and have thinner or thicker strips. Once each panel was assembled and stamped with the message, I used a stitch edge die to cut out the panel and adhered each to a black mat layer and then added them to the front of an A2 (US size) side-opening white note card. On the inside of each card I cut a mat layer of green card and on the white panels I stamped the dot leaves in pale green and added different sympathy messages in black ink.




Two of these card have been sent to my cousins; their brother passed last week. And that's why these were so hard to make.

That's all for today. See you again tomorrow. 

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Darnell said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Deborah. Your beautiful sympathy cards will bring them a lot of comfort. You really rocked Gina's technique and I love the soft colors! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Always sad to make these cards Deborah, but they are lovely.
Faith x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...