Thursday 9 January 2020

Snowflake Christmas ...

.... Morning!!  I'm back again.  The title does not refer to the weather in Northop Hall, in fact, it's been incredibly mild for this time of year, it refers to the first Christmas card that I've made in about two years.  So long!  Here it is:


Stamps: Visible Image - Sentimental Christmas
Inks: Gina K - Black Onyx, Sea Glass
Accessories: Kaisercraft DP - Silver Bells; White Lustre Card; Silver Mirri Card; Thread from stash

I'm playing along with this week's challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT1-20 and Just Us Girls - JUGS#517.  It's so nice to be able to play along with both challenges - twice this week for Just Us Girls!!


I'm sure that I'm not the only one with a large huge stash of design paper pads.  While in Michigan I became (and still am) a fan of papers from Kaisercraft and I thought it was time to start using some of the stash.  I adhered a sheet of foiled snowflake paper to the card base.  I used a scalloped trim and sentiment from the same pad of papers, adding a narrow trim of silver mirri card above the scalloped border and also as a mat for the sentiment.  I also cut out a snowflake bauble which I attached with dimensional pads and finished the front with a simple bow.


On the inside I used another sheet of design paper for the mat layer and on the white panel added a lovely Christmas greeting and star from my new Visible Image Christmas stamps.  I must apologise about the quality of the photos - it's a bit grey and I'm still trying to work out the best place to take photos and get the right white balance!!  It will get better.

See you all again soon.

signature

5 comments:

Netta said...

that card reminds me of cold! lol with the blues and snowflakes. I love it. thank you for playing along at 52cct!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Deborah, love the sparkle and the design.
Faith x

Macimbalo said...

So beautiful and love the close up picture so all the gorgeous details can be seen! Thanks so much for sharing at JUGS!

Andreja said...

Wonderful festive card! I like your snowflakes and such a great take on our sketch, Deborah :-))
Thank you so much for playing along with us at 52CCT!
Hugs, Andreja

TracyB said...

What a beautiful card. I love your use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us over at 52CCT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...