Saturday 25 January 2020

Blooming Birthday ....

... Good afternoon from a rather dull, grey and cold Northop Hall.  It's a bit of a change, we've been fortunate to have some lovely weather over the past week, not so much today.  However, it does mean I don't feel at all guilty playing in my craft room this afternoon.  I had been doing really well making cards and posting them here, but I got a bit caught up with household stuff.  I've made a pretty floral birthday card which is going into the post this evening:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Pineapple Perfection; Gina K - Wealth of Wishes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K Amalgam - Black
Dies: Concord & 9th - Pineapple Perfection; Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles S1 #8; Lil Inkers - Long & Skinny Rectangles
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Vellums; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Clear Embossing Powder; Tim Holtz watercolour paper

I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:




I've decided that this year I really must use more of my older stamps (rather than buying new!!) and I found this beautiful floral pineapple in my stash.  I used my MISTI to stamp the image on watercolour paper using amalgam ink.  I used my Zig Clean Colour brushes to add colour to the image, once dry I put the image back in the MISTI and restamped in Versafine black ink, added clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I cut the image with the co-ordinating die.  I cut a panel of shimmery gold vellum as a frame for the lovely image.  I finished the front with a fun sentiment from a Gina K set of stamps.  I've kept the inside of the card very simple for my message.



That's all for now, see you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Ha- that is one gorgeous pineapple!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Lori said...

Love the vibrant colors on the pineapple! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Anna M. said...

What a lovely tropical card! I have the exact same stamp set which I have not yet used -- I need to give it some love! thank you so much for the inspiration
Thank you for participating in the Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful watercolouring! The vibrant colours make this pineapple extra fun. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Helen said...

What a great fun card, Deborah! I love these bright happy colours which really brings this fun pineapple to life! Clever idea using the vellum strip for the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge this month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...