Thursday 8 August 2019

Happy Birthday .....

.... Morning!! Over the past year I've used up most of my card stash and I really need to make some new cards, especially birthday cards. Here's a fun card I made yesterday:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Stuck on You, So Much to Say; Newton's Nook - Cuppa Cactus
Inks: Distress Oxide - Victorian Velvet, Shabby Shutters, Twisted Citron, Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Gina K - Black Onyx
Dies: Newton's Nook - Cuppa Cactus Dies
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU - Basic Black; BoBunny DP - Garden Party; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Aquashimmer Brush; Visible Image Stencil - Two Tone

I used several challenges to create this card. The theme of cacti comes from Cupcake Inspiration Challenge - CIC#475, from Your Next Stamp - YNS#119 I got the idea to add Lots of Squares, the layout is based on the sketch from last week's Paper Players - PP452 challenge. I'm also submitting this to AAA Birthday - AAAB#04 where they want birthday cards for boys.


I made the card base from black card. I cut a panel of white card onto which I stencilled lots of squares using several shades of green Distress Oxide inks. On the smaller white panel I stamped a number of different cacti using Distress Oxide inks; they blend so beautifully. On a scrap I stamped the cacti in cups, coloured them with Copic markers and cut them out with the matching dies. I used dimensional tape to add the cups to the card, you can see the dimension in the photo below. I used a scrap of design paper from my stash and finished by adding a simple, bold birthday sentiment. On the inside I cut a panel of white card and added another cactus. I left the panel blank for writing my own message.




That's all for today. I'm really enjoying being back in my craft room!! See you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! Love the card Deborah.
Faith x

Jane said...

How lovely to see you joining in with challenges again Deborah. Love those prickly succulents. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Indy's Designs said...

What a wonderful desert-themed card! I love this Newton's Nook stamp set! So glad you shared with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie

Milla said...

I really like the depth in your card with the stamped cacti in the background and the coloured and die cut cacti in the front. Great use of patterned paper too. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday!

Ana A said...

Hi Deborah! I am so happy you have joined us for this challenge! I really love the colors of your succulents and the depth and dimension you've created! Thank you for playing with us at AAA Birthday - Looking forward to seeing your creations in our future galleries!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...