Monday 12 August 2019

Floral Birthday ....

... Hi! It was another miserable day yesterday, so I made a card and worked on some paperwork. Here's the card I made:


Stamps: Uniko Birthday Wishes; Altenew - Exotic Tulips
Inks: Gina K - Black Onyx, Lemon Drop, Sweet Corn, Wild Dandelion, Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Passionate Pink, Lovely Lavender, Wild Wisteria, Wild Lilac, Applemint, Lucky Clover; Distress - Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed
Dies: Altenew - Exotic Tulips
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gina K Card - Innocent Pink; Uniko Stencil - Party Confetti

I've made several masculine style cards recently, so it was time to make something a little more feminine! One of my favourite flowers is the tulip and this new set from Altenew is just wonderful. It was fun layering the images and cutting them out with the matching dies. I used a stencil from Uniko to make a soft, fun, party background and then adhered the various tulips. I used some dimensional pads to attach the yellow tulip. I finished the front with a simple birthday greeting. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of pale pink card and on the white panel I added a greeting and finished off with another tulip.


I'm submitting this card to Colour Throwdown - CTD#555 where I got the colours, Seize the Birthday - STB#171 where the topping option is flowers, and finally to Uniko Studio - USC#54 where the theme is flowers with the option of using dies.



It's going to be a busy day here. Work is starting on the downstairs bathroom and work is continuing on Mum's new flat. We're hoping to see the designs for Mum's fitted bedroom furniture and her kitchenette. That's all for now. See you soon.

signature

4 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Beautiful tulips and I LOVE your background!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love those tulips and the pretty background, a beautiful card Deborah. Good Luck with the continuing work.
Faith x

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving these tulips in these fondant colours Deborah. Sounds like you have a major project on your hands! x

Colleen said...

This stamp set is in my NBUS box...I need to get it out, you have inspired me! the reason I bought it was because it makes such realistic tulips, I love your card and the background sure does make it festive for a birthday card! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...