Friday 15 December 2017

Uniko - Pure Florals Rose .....

....  Hello! I can't quite believe how quickly this week has gone by. Today is the last of the Uniko Introductions. We are showcasing Pure Florals Rose - a wonderful addition to the series. I've made a couple of cards for today, here's the first:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Rose, Simply Said, Fontiments
Inks: Gina K - Kraft, Black Onyx, Red Velvet, Jelly Bean Green; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 2 #9
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Clear Embossing Powder; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Nuvo Aqua Shimmer - Clear; Uniko Stencil - Lattice; Tim Holtz Watercolour Card

So glad my parcel arrived on Wednesday, I was able to use the Lattice stencil to make this lovely background. I taped the stencil to the white panel and lightly sponged on some kraft ink, keeping it darker in the corner and fading out towards the top of the card. I adhered the panel to a kraft card base. I stamped the small rose and leaves on watercolour card with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder, this gives a line which makes it so easy to colour. I used my zig clean colour brushes to lay down some colour which I blended out with a clear glitter brush - sadly you can't see the sparkle in the picture above!! I stamped the little birthday sentiment on the white panel and then used dimensional pads to adhered the rose and leaves. On the inside, I cut a white panel on to which I stamped a simple sentiment and the outline images.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I used the colours from this week's challenge at Global Design Project - GDP#117.

My next card is relatively CAS - well I think it is!!

With heartfelt sympathy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Rose, Pure Florals Lily
Inks: Gina K - Black Onyx; Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate; Distress - Hickory Smoke; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; Uniko Stencil - Broken Lines


This is a one-layer card. I used my MISTI to stamp the outline rose towards the top centre of the card and masked the rose. I taped the stencil to the card and sponged on dark grey ink, then I shifted the card slightly to the left and sponged on light grey ink. I removed the mask and put the card back into the MISTI. Then I stamped the solid rose in silver ink. I finished the front with a sentiment. I picked sympathy because Kat said that the grey rose made a lovely sympathy card! I agree. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of pale grey card and added a sentiment and another rose to the white panel.

With heartfelt sympathyinside  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWith heartfelt sympathy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this to CASology - CAS#279 where they want to see GREY and this is much more CAS than the other one!

Don't forget to visit the Uniko blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the Design Team. And come back tomorrow - it's RELEASE DAY!!!

Yesterday was a snow day for Kat - she had a much-needed lie-in and spent the day working on a physics project. I was in my craft room making cards, but I did take the opportunity to get out my camera and take a photo of all the snow and the bright blue skies we had. I've hung large baubles from one of the trees in my front garden and it looks so pretty:


If you look closely at the ornament you can see my reflection!!!  That's all for now - see you soon.

signature

11 comments:

Karthikha said...

Wow! I love this beautiful card!! The stencil background is perfect for the bright rose :)

Jane said...

Super combos with the stencils, really beautiful cards!

cm said...

Beautiful showcases of the roses, Deborah! Love the vibrancy of the first; the softness of the second! Your shiny ornament is so pretty with its cap of snow...
Hugs~c

Dee Earnshaw said...

stunning card - the design is so pretty:)

Joyce said...

Another lovely entry into our CASology challenge this week. Perfect design for a sympathy card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the stenciling behind the flowers.
the first rose is so bright and vivid.
Leaving the inside uncolored was a good
idea. Same for the second card.
thanks for sharing.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! What a perfect white Christmas it looks like you'll be having! Such a beautiful day. OH the cards are equally wonderful, love the delicate stencilled look behind the rose in the first one and the monochomatic takes look awesome. Fab showcases here! x

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous showcase of this gorgeous rose stamp ! One with a bright and vivid red rose and the other one with a grey rose = same stamp but such a different look ! Love your combination with the two stencils too ! Lucky you are with all this snow, it looks so much like Christmas ! Hugs x

Brian King said...

Beautiful use of these colors, Deborah! Such great cards! Thank you for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Color Challenge - I'm so glad you did!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous masking Deb! I love the soft partial stencilled background and the serene elegant monochrome too. Looks so pretty with all the crisp fresh snow at yours! Xx

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Your card is just fantastic ! (margessw@icloud.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...