Thursday 28 December 2017

For Kat .....

.... Hello again! We had a good trip from Leicester to Fleet, and today we get to spend time with my Mum, Aunt and Uncle. We had a lovely Indian dinner last night and a very restful evening. And we are almost at the end of our visit home - time always flies by when we're here. Today, I'm sharing the card that I made for Kat for Christmas:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Concord & 9th - Magnolia Wreath; Hero Arts - Happy Holly Days
Inks: Gina K - Applemint, Powder Blue, Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Black Onyx; Versamark; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Concord & 9th - Magnolia Wreath
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gina K Card - Applemint, Powder Blue, Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose; Silver Embossing Powder; Shimmer Spritz - Frost


This card was entirely inspired by the colours and pretty wreath photo at the current Your Next Stamps challenge - YNS#79. I had fun making the wreath. I stamped the pale green leaves, heat set the ink and then stamped next layer and embossed with silver powder. I cut out the wreath with the matching die. I stamped the layering leaves in pale blue and silver, cut them out and adhered them to the wreath. I die cut the little flowers, berries and leaves from coloured card and added them to the wreath. Before attaching the wreath to the card, I stamped some pale green fir branches directly on the white card and added a simple greeting in black. After attaching the wreath I spritzed the card with frost shimmer spray. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of pale green card and added a greeting on the white panel along with some holly and berries.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Well, that's Christmas over again for another year. We have one more day here in the UK and then we're heading home. It is not always the easiest time of year, but I do hope you have all had a good time. See you again soon.

signature

3 comments:

Kate said...

Such a pretty card Deb, so glad you enjoyed yours visit "home".

Jane said...

So pretty Deborah. Your time sems to be flying by , know what that's like when you'r visiting loved ones you don't get to see that often. And I grew up in Hampshire, not too far away from Fleet, small world!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very pretty, love the delicate colours too.
Faith
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...