Saturday 25 March 2017

CCT - Colours ....

.... Morning! I didn't get chance to make a card last for our colour challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT06, so I've done one this week. Our colours this week are CREAM, BURGUNDY AND LIME. I've made a really clean and simple card for our reminder post, in fact I CASE'd an old card of mine (see the original below):

Xmas Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Woodware - Xmas Day
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Distress Markers; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder; Signo White Pen


Even though this is a really CAS card, it has a lovely warm, vintage feel as I opted for a dark burgundy and very rich cream to colour the image. I stamped the image on water colour card and embossed it with clear powder. I used Distress markers for the background and numbers. On the background I put some colour around the image and then used an aqua brush to spread the ink a little. On the numbers I added some ink and then used a clear sparkle brush to move the ink. On the leaves I used a Zig Clean Colour brush in bright lime - once again I used the sparkle to move the ink. I cut the image out, edged it with a black marker and adhered it flat to the card. The inside isn't done yet. I'm submitting this to Jingle Belles - JB:17:06 where they want to see bling - it's subtle here, but it is here!

Xmas Day detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsXmas Day sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I was having such fun with this one, that I decided to make another - this time with WHITE, BRIGHT RED AND GREEN.

Xmas Day 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Woodware - Xmas Day
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder; Signo White Pen

This time I've gone for a really clean, fresh look - still lots of sparkle because I used the Spectrum Noir sparkle brush to move the inks on the leaves and numbers. I added the snowflakes with a white pigment pen. The inside isn't done on this one either.

Here's the one that I made in 2015 - I used Copics on this one, full details can be found here:


You've still got plenty of time to join in with our challenge. The colorus are a bit non-traditional, but I think they are just lovely. Deadline for submission is midnight BST on Friday 31st March, that's 7.00pm EDT. Have fun!

signature

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Love that stamp! Pretty cards, Deb!

SmilynStef said...

What a fun stamp ... I love the glittery sparkle ... so glad you're helping is *bling* in the holidays at jingle belles.

EK Gorman said...

Well, we may have had to wait a bit to see this card, but it was sooooo worth the wait. What an amazing card. I just love how you used all the color challenge colors in this!!!!! Beautiful!!!

Lucinda said...

I love your distressed colouring in these cards - the burgundy is my favourite, the colours are so warm and rich, very Christmassy! Lucinda

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly lovely card-- in every color way!!! i have to confess that when i heard the words, "burgundy, cream and lime" i was surprised... but you have singlehandedly converted me to wanting to use those shades now! (with sparkly glitter topping, obviously!!!) :) thanks for helping us "bling on the holidays' at JINGLE BELLES! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...