Wednesday 29 March 2017

TMR - Colours ....

... Hi! Still not back into my routine, but I've managed to get a card made for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#57. For the next couple of weeks we want to see your masculine projects using BLACK, WHITE AND ONE OTHER COLOUR. Here's my card:

Unknown - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Visible Image - Scripted Streets, Destination Unknown
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black, Basic Grey; Clear Embossing Powder; Copics


I'm going to submit this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#216, I used their sketch for the layout, and also to CASology - CAS#242 where the cue word is TEXT and I've used text in the background and on the paper planes.

I stamped the scripty text in aqua ink onto the base card. On the white panel I stamped a sentiment in black ink, embossed it with clear powder and added an arrow in aqua. I stamped the large paper plane on some scrap card coloured it with Copic markers and then restamped it in black and embossed it. I carefully cut it out and used dimensional pads to attach it to the card. I decided to add a couple more paper planes in pale grey flying off into the unknown. On the inside I cut a panel of white card onto which I stamped the message and another paper plane, this time in aqua.

Unknown inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsUnknown sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've just realised that I should be using ONLY black, white and another colour - I've used grey. So I'll do another tomorrow and add that one! Do visit our blog to see more from the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to join in - deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Tuesday 11th April, that's 7.00pm EDT. Have fun!

signature

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

First look, I thought you had added a paper plane, then saw it was a stamp. love the stamp and the fact you have added more in the "frame". Love the background, design and colours, (even though one is gray) LOL.
Faith
x

Joyce said...

What a fun way to use text. Love the energy in this card from your paper airplane. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jane said...

Been looking forward to seeing which VI stamps were in your haul and love how you've used the paper plane. Super card!

Rocky said...

Now I've seen your card I'll have to add that stamp to my VI wish list too, it's fab!

karen h said...

Awesome card! Great use of the sketch with the paper airplane! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Fiona Whitten said...

I like the background text and how it ties in with the paper plane images. Great masculine card. Thanks for joining us on this week's CC&S challenge.

Emily E said...

Love those paper planes! The black and white with a hint of colour really makes them pop! Thanks for joining in this week at CC&S!

Patricia Hays said...

I like the texty backgrounds on both the airplanes and the border of the card. Very cool! Great color scheme, too. Thanks for sharing your card at CC&S! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...