Tuesday 19 July 2016

Tropical heat ....

.... Good afternoon! It's a wonderfully hot, sunny day here in Northville. We're heading for tropical temperatures and humidity in the coming week! So obviously my card has a tropical feel. I'm here, albeit very late, with my DT card for the current challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#367 where the theme is tropical.

Wild for You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Your Next Stamp - Jungle Critters
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel; Stampin' Up! - Cajun Craze; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SUDP - Botanical Gardens; Copics


I've used the sketch from the current Your Next Stamp Challenge - YNS#43 and the theme over at City Crafter Challenge Blog - CCCB#321 is tropical, so I'm playing along with them too.

I cut a panel of design paper with lovely tropical leaves for the side of the card. In the corner I stamped a plantation of coconut palms in grey ink. On white card I stamped another palm tree and the parrot (I've decided he's a parrot) and coloured them both with Copic markers. I made the palm trunk slightly longer by drawing in some extra lines. I adhered both the palm and parrot with dimensional gel. I finished the front with a sentiment and some hearts. The inside hasn't been done yet.

Wild for You sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Our sponsor this week is Your Next Stamp and the randomly picked winner of this week's challenge, will receive a $25 gift voucher from them.


I'm still working hard to get back into my normal routine, but failing!! So I have to apologise to my team mate over at Cupcake Inspirations for being so late with my card. I'll do better - promise! That's all for now.

signature

4 comments:

Stella said...

Speaking of nailing a challenge; you just did! Your tropical scene on this car dis fabulous! Thanks so much for being with us thisb week at CCCB!

Marina said...

So perfect for the tropical theme - fun and colourful and I love how you've built up the design.Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a great combo of challenges, it works so well with the sketch and tropical papers. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card!! Totally tropical! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...