Thursday 21 July 2016

52CCT - Theme ....

.... Hello again! It's another gorgeous day here in Northville, so making a Christmas card is kind of tough! I'm here with my DT card for this week's challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT28-16. Jacqueline has picked a fabulous theme for this week - The 12 Days of Christmas. There's so much inspiration in this carol. I'm sorry that's it's taken me so long to make my card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Partridge and Pears, Wonderland; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Soft Sky
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Soft Sky; Copics; Glossy Accents; Wink of Stella - Clear


This card was really quick and very easy to make. I stamped the main image on white card, coloured with Copic markers and cut it out. I added some Glossy Accents to the pears and a touch of clear Wink of Stella to the berries and blue markings on the partridge. I stamped a background of snowflakes and finished the front with a simple greeting. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale blue card and added a greeting to the white panel.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Over at Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#203 the theme this week is holiday, and this is certainly a holiday card, so I'm playing along with them.

I'm sure you've already seen the super cards on our blog and there's still time to play along with us this week - deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Friday 22nd July - that's 7.00pm EDT for those of us in the States. That's all for now!

signature

4 comments:

Fabiola said...

et elle est superbe cette carte Deborah, élégante et sobre mais si jolie, biz

Bobby said...

This is such a great image, Deborah, and the Glossy Accents really make the pears stand out. The whimsical font on the sentiment is perfect with the focal image. Thanks for sharing your card at ATSM.

Inkyfingers said...

I love your gorgeous tree Deborah and the finished design with the sentiment has such a whimsical feel. Love it!
Thanks for sharing with ATSM and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

cm said...

Your partridge in a pear tree makes me smile! So sweet! The glossy accents on the pears is a charming touch! Thank you for sharing your artistry at ATSM!
~carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...