Tuesday 7 April 2015

New York, New York ....

... so good they named it twice!!  Mid way through our vacation in New York City.  We've been really lucky with the weather so far.  On Sunday we went up to the top of Rockefeller Centre - it's an amazing building and the views from the top are stunning.  We got to the top at just after 8.00am and took lots of photos, but I've only got one here:

NYC 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Looking south toward the Empire State Building and the World Trade Centre in the background.  If you look closely, you can just about see Lady Liberty in the river too.


A floral Easter bunny - with the most wonderful floral flower beds.  This was taken after we'd come down from Rockefeller Centre.  

NYC 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I like the way the Subway sign sparkles - I'm not sure it's so pretty in the actual subway.

NYC 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Yesterday, we walked around the World Trade Centre.  This is a view looking back towards the building.  
 
NYC 4 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I think I've mentioned before that I don't like heights.  I can cope with being on the top deck of a double decker bus, which is good as we've done a couple of trips.  Today we went across Manhattan Bridge - a very large, very high bridge.  My seat was on the side that meant I could see right down to the river - a drop of over 200 feet!!  I wasn't happy.  However, I did manage to get a photo looking back towards downtown Manhattan with Brooklyn Bridge in front.

That's all for now - lots more trips out planned.  Bye for now.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...