Tuesday 10 December 2013

ASM - Photo inspiration ....

... Good evening all!  This week our challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! is a Photo Inspiration.  Our sponsor this week is Sami Stamps and the winner of the challenge will receive a $12 gift voucher to her store!  Here's my take:

Birthday Girl - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Sami Stamps Digi - Zombie Beauty; Christmas Lights (don't know who made them); Stampin' Up! - Gorgeous Grunge, Sassy Salutations
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey; SU - Real Red
Dies: Spellbinders - Mega Ovals Lg (S5-023) #4, Mega Oval Scalloped Lg (S5-024) #4; Die-namics - High Rise Numbers
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gold Foil Card; Copics


So you're trying to figure out how I got this card from the inspiration photo!  I took the colours and the Christmas lights.  I saw this digi image - a tall, young lady - so pretty (albeit a zombie) and decided to make a birthday card.    I used the gold in the mat layers. I created a bokeh effect background paper on my computer by blurring a photo of Christmas lights and ornaments and then adding a subtle repeating text.  I stamped a row of Christmas lights at the top which I coloured with Copics and then adhere it to the gold mat.  I printed off the digi image and cut out one using the oval die and while still in the die I added some colour to create depth.  I coloured one of the other images and then very, very carefully cut it out and adhered it to the card.  I finished the front with a simple number!  For the inside (which I forgot to photograph) I used the grunge image and a bold funky birthday greeting in red.

Hopefully this card will have reached my niece by now - I can't believe she's 13 - they grow up so fast!!!


Don't forget to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team - we all took something very different from the inspiration photo!  Bye for now.

signature

9 comments:

Deepti Stephens said...

I love the broken effect you created on the background paper, this card is too funky.. :)

Kylie said...

She is a great image. Very cool! LOVE the lights and the gold panels!! xx

sandie said...

Great image for a teenager, so cool dude!!! I love how you describe how you got to this from the photo. iNspiration always fascinates me x

Sue said...

Fab layout and use of the image. Would be a lovely Christmas card for a teen.x

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah. This is such a cool birthday card. Your background paper creation is fantastic. have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

stressfreestamping said...

I really like the colors you used and the oval images worked perfectly with that sassy image!

Unknown said...

So super cool :) Love the gold on this card, the perfect element of sparkle!

Pauline said...

Perfect card for a 13 year old, love that image!

Danielle Vincent said...

This is such a terrific take on this photo Deborah. I'm sure that a 13 girl will absolutely LOVE it (I know my daughter would). Nice job dear lady.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...