Thursday 26 December 2013

Family Christmas cards ....

....  Hello everyone, time for another scheduled post.   I do hope that you all had a super day yesterday.  Today I can share with you the cards I made for my family.  First, the card I made for Jonathan:

Jonathan's Card - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage; Stampin' Up! - Christmas Messages
Inks: SU - Cherry Cobbler, Pistachio Pudding, Pink Pirouette
Dies: WMS - Mistletoe Dies
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; SEI DP - Berry Melody; SU Card - Pistachio Pudding


I made this card just before we flew back to the UK.  When I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#58 - I knew that I had the layout.  Jonathan likes the colours red and green and in my stash of papers I found this lovely sheet of stylised snowflakes and used that for the background.  In the sketch there is some holly; in my card I opted for some mistletoe - appropriate for my husband!  And the sentiment is just perfect (and part of the reason I got this set).  I stamped the mistletoe and berries onto white card and cut them out with the matching dies - thank you Claire!  For the inside I cut a mat layer of pale green card and on the white panel stamped some more mistletoe hanging down and the partner to the sentiment above.

Jonathan's Card inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Next up is Kathryn's card - again I made it just before we left the States.

Kathryn's Card - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Funstamps - Scribble Snowman; My Favourite Things - Ornament Banner Builder
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Island Indigo
Dies: Die-namics - Ornament Banner, Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #2, Fishtail Flags Stax #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Melon Mambo; Glitter Paper; Promarkers and Copics



For the layout I used the sketch from Seize the Sketch - STS#10, sadly I'm too late to submit the card, but I love the layout.  I made a really bright, vibrant card.  I made the base from Melon Mambo and cut a panel of white glitter card - to suggest a field of snow.  I used my all time favourite snowman stamp, colouring the image with a mixture of Promarkers and Copics.  I die cut the ornament banner and stamped on the snowflake ornaments.  I finished the front with a clean, simple and bold sentiment.  For the inside I simply cut a white panel and stamped another snowman - he's much more subtle inside!  I think the sentiment is totally appropriate for our girl.

Kathryn's Card inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

And last, but by now means least, the card we gave to Ben.  You saw this one yesterday.  I made it last Friday, day we flew back to the UK.  I'd chatted, via Facebook, with Ben in the morning and he told me he hadn't received the card we posted to him.  I couldn't leave him without a card.

Ben's Card - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Details for the Santa card are on yesterday's post.  Below is the card we sent to Ben at the beginning of November, but didn't get to him. I actually made this as my card for 52CCT at the beginning of August - if you click the link you'll find all the details there.  I had originally thought it was going to be for Jonathan, but actually it works perfectly for our boy too!!


Ben's Card - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


That's all for now - our Boxing day plans include playing games, chatting, eating and drinking - a perfect way to spend the day!

signature

3 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Love them all especially the Sata! So Cute in

Jackie said...

What a lovely selection, especially the snowman one :o)
Jackie xx

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous bunch of cards...love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...