Sunday 4 August 2013

Bedtime story .....

.... Hi everyone.  My card today has been made with a couple of challenges in mind:


Stamps: WMS - Candy Wagon, Cabin Plaid BG, Big Berries - Strawberries, Folk Art Labels #25, Compact Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush; Memento - London Fog
Accessories: SU Card - Strawberry Slush; SU DP - Daffodil Delight; Martha Stewart Border Punch; White Lustre Card



This was also going to be for Addicted to CAS with their theme of Summer - but the card isn't CAS and there is NO white space at all, but I have to give them credit for the theme.  Summer means strawberries to me!

I used the big plaid BG stamp for the card base - sort of like a picnic blanket (thanks to Julia for the idea).  I cut a strip of pink card and punched a border down each side, then attached a centre strip of yellow paper.  Using London Fog (black was too dark for this) I repeatedly stamped a fun sentiment.  I stamped the big strawberry three times, two of them using the second impression and cut them all out.  I made the leaves by stamping them first in grey and then over stamping with yellow - creating a sort of green - but NOT using green!!  I attached the two paler strawberries directly to the card base and then adhered the sentiment strip over the top.  I finished the front by adhering the big red strawberry with dimensional tape and adding a birthday sentiment in the corner.  For the inside I simply made a mat layer in pink and on the white layer stamped a frame in grey and added another greeting in yellow.  This one is going in the post tomorrow!!



I had a brilliant morning at the Heirloom Stamp Show yesterday and came home with lots of lovely new goodies.  I got the new Distress Glitters and Pens - such wonderful colours.  I also got a number of lovely new stamps from Impression Obsession, Invoke Arts and Stamp a Mania.  I watched a demo by Cynthia at Stamp a Mania - she demoed the new Kaleidacolor ink collection - Denim.  Here's what she made for me -I'm going to use it on a card for Ben.

 Image created by Cynthia (Stamp a Mania)




As well as the show, I've been really fortunate to have a couple of my cards picked in two of my favourite challenges.  I got a CAS-ual Fridays Favourite award for my rainbow brick card - totally thrilled to get this award!  And yesterday evening I discovered that Michelle had picked my green feathers as a Dynamic Darling.  As you can imagine I was doing a happy dance last night :))  Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments too, very much appreciated.

That's all for now - catch up tomorrow!

6 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Your strawberries looks so pretty on your plaid background. It looks like you had a fun time shopping, I see lots of goodies there. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Deb! Those strawberries look mouthwatering! Love the plaid background! Can't wait to see what you create with all those new items!

Cathy Weber said...

What a haul! You must have had THE best day! Love your pretty card with the gigantic strawberry. Love the subtle candy wagon text along the middle.

Linda said...

Congratulations on your cards being picked. It is so thrilling that is for sure.
Your card is just so cute. So summery.

Unknown said...

Oh I love your two tone strawbs Deborah, and oh good grief, I'd love to dive into that bag of goodies!! what a haul! lol, have fun!

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet....love that beautiful strawberry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...