Tuesday 30 July 2013

PJ Party feathers ...

....  Hi, it's me again!  I've another card for Claire's Pajama Party - this time I've used feathers.


Stamps: Fine Feathers, Funky Feathers
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz, Smokey Slate
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 18 (S4-310) # 2, Labels 24 (S4-353) # 2, On the Edge (S5-168)
Accessories:  SU EF - Cloudy Day; SU Card - Pear Pizzazz; White Lustre Card

I had lots of fun making this card.  I stamped the feathers onto white card and then cut them out by hand (haven't got the cut files yet).  They are actually really easy to cut out.  I made the card base from Pear Pizzazz, cut a small panel in white card onto which I embossed these super dotty clouds.  I sued some of the textured Pear Pizzazz card to make the bottom panel and die cut the edge to, sort of, match the clouds.  I cut a couple of die cut shapes, stamped the sentiment on the green card, layered them and adhered the label with dimensional tape.  I using this card to send a thank you note to another of my UK friends - they're a bit late, but it's taken a while to get back into the swing of things!!  Here's the inside:


As well as the feathers theme, I used a couple of other challenges to make this card:


I love all shades of green so I had to play along with this week's Dynamic Duos challenge.  The layout from Clean & Simple Stamping is just super - there are so many possibilities, and I turned it upside down!  I think that's all for this evening.  I'm going to go check out the cards at the Pajama party - see you soon.

25 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the greens Deborah! those tall feathers look so regal! Wonderful stamping inside your card too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah the feathers are just fantastic, beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Janet's Joy said...

I'm a fan of the feather trend so I love your card!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Marybeth said...

Look at you one card for three challenges you are a pro at that . This is lovely Deborah so pretty in the greens. I don't think I used the tall feathers yet. Enjoy the pj party.

Jackie said...

OMG, I have missed so many of your fabulous cards. This feather one is superb and just happens to be my favourite :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love these feathers Deborah and love your design, a great card for a guy

Anne

Claire said...

Just beautiful Deborah - the colours are so fresh and clean. I love the way you do the inside as well. I really should try that!

Carla said...

hi, Deborah, what a wonderfull cards you made. I think I have to buy those feathers too.
Love from Holland.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is lovely Deborah. Your feathers in these beautiful colors and your cloud background is so perfect to illustrate the light and breezy feel of the feathers.

Lori Turner said...

I am loving these feathers! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

-Aneta- said...

Very elegant and green positive :) Amazing cards !

Maja said...

Beautiful card! Love the choice of colours and the embelishment inside of the card.

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Deborah! Thank you for your sweet comment! Your green feathers are lovely and so unique! But I'm a big fan of that background EF! Just the right light touch! Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Deborah! I love your green and grey feathers!! thanks for supporting us so well. Hugs.

Bumblebee said...

great card Deborah, love the colours! The inside is gorgeous too!

Kim Heggins said...

Love it and all the green!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow! Fabulous feathers in green Deborah - so fresh and unexpected. Note to self: Must use green more often - so pretty!!

Camilla said...

Oh, I love the colours you've used. Very elegant!

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous Deborah - brilliant fussy cutting too I was sure you'd used your cameo til I read the post. love the greens.
Tara
x

Kary said...

I LOVE this card!! It looks so elegant, love the feathers and the lovely embossed background. Great card, Deborah!!

Cathy Weber said...

Although I have seen the feather set used a lot, it always amazes me at how realistic the feathers look. Your card is beautiful and I love that background with the clouds. It really makes the feathers stand out Deborah.

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Deborah! The embossed clouds are a perfect background to the feathers. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Darnell said...

This is one of those times when the top of my head is blown off so all I can do is whisper, "wow," in awe.

Darnell said...

I'm not surprised to be back again to say congratulations on the HM honor from DD, Deborah!!

Helen G. said...

What a cute feather card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...