Friday 17 May 2013

A coloured card ....

... Hi - goodness only knows what's happened to this week - I had big plans to get in my craft room, but only managed a couple of hours this afternoon.  However, I do have a card to share with you and I think I'm only just going to be in time:



Stamps: Docrafts - Candle Border; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Bold Wishes, Countdown
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! Card - Pacific Point; Staedtler - Ergosoft Pencils

I've been thinking about the Less is More challenge all week and trying to work out what colour card blank to use.  I finally decided to go for a bold blue base.  I've combined the LIM challenge with this week's One Layer Wednesday to make a card with a border; it's being hosted by Heather this week and it's been quite a while since I joined in.

The card was really easy to make.  I simply cut the card to make a standard 5½" × 4¼" card base.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the row of candles along the base of the card and then added a couple of score lines above.  I added a clean, bold sentiment to the front and finished by colouring the candles with pencils.  First I filled them all in with white pencil and then went over the top with colours.  For the inside I cut a panel of white card and repeated the candles (second impression) at the bottom, coloured them and finished with a birthday greeting.


I think the inside could also work as a card front - it's clean, simple and bold and I'm really pleased with it.

That's all for now.  See you soon.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I love this card. Such a fun and clever border. And, I'm impressed at how you got those candle colors so vivid on the blue base.

Chrissie said...

Cute card Deborah.. lots of careful colouring too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Darnell said...

You should be really pleased, Deborah! This is a perfect example of CAS and I love it! Repeating the pattern on the inside is a bonus! A winner card in my book!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cute cards - like the blue base better than the white!

Heather T said...

Candles make a great border and still leave plenty of "white space" on your clean and simple card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...