Thursday 17 May 2012

Get well wishes ....

.... I've had a good week so far - I've finished sorting out the office and my craft room is 95% done.  I've taken a few photos (as promised) - they're at the bottom of this post.

This card is for my friend Jean in the UK.  She's a member of the craft club I used to go to each week (and am missing quite a lot).  I found out that Jean had managed to dislocate her hip replacement - she's had surgery and it's been repaired, but she's feeling a bit low.  I used two challenges in the making of this card:

       


I really like the pretty layers on Lynn's sketch and finally decided which of my WM sets to use.  I settled on French Country as I thought it would look lovely in the Colour Q colours.  Edna (one of the Waltzingmouse Mischief Makers) made a lovely card and I've CASEd her idea of using vellum as one of the layers.  Well, I didn't want to hid the pretty paper!!  I stamped the lace onto plain white card and used one of my new Spellbinder dies to cut the layers.  To colour the flowers and leaves I simply rubbed some of the ink onto an acrylic block and used my aqua pen - easy!  I glued all the layers together, ran some thread around them and attached them to the card.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the sentiment.  I'm not great with bows, so I finished off my card with one of the flowers from the set which I coloured and attached over the thread.  This will be going off to Jean in the morning.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - French Country, Compact Sentiments Pt II
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise; Memento - Gray Flannel
Spellbinders: Deckled Mega Rectangles Lg (S5-015) # 4 & 5
Accessories: We are Memory Keepers - Sew Easy Thread (Parakeet); Vellum and card from stash

That's all for now - here are those photos that I promised:


This is our office - a bit smaller than at home in Wales, but we've managed to get in all our desks and computers - and it's a super room.





The four photos above are my craft room - it's light, bright and big, but a bit short on shelves!!!  Hence the stash on the floor - well, that's my excuse :)  I do need to get a few more storage units, but it's mostly done and I am able to use the room and ALL my stash.



These two photos show the family room - a super space, and behind you can see my new kitchen - again, it's a lovely space and I'm beginning to get used to all electric!

That's all for now.  See you soon.

28 comments:

Lynne said...

Thats a really pretty card Deborah.
Your house looks amazing. I think your office is about the same size as my living room. Can you tell how envious I am ? lol.
Lynne xxx

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WONDERFUL stamping Deborah! LOVE your card!
Have a wonderful week-end, hugs Karin

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Debs.
See the house is coming along nicely.
Reminds me of my home in Edmonton.

Hugs
Buf xx

Tara Cardwell said...

the card is gorgeous - love your layers.
The house looks amazing! I love the big family room and kitchen - you could fit my whole house in that space!
Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Deborah....wow I do envy your space in your craft room

Anne

Kelly S. said...

What lovely colors with the French Country images! This is such a soothing card that fits the sentiment perfectly. It seems that I end up falling in love with any card made with this set :)!! PS...and your office is looking awesome!

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. I like French Country in those colors.

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah I love the colored background and the different colored twine accross the top. Very pretty! Sure to cheer Jean up! Glad you are settled - your craft room looks great - so glad we can see what you are up to and that your doing good!

Cathy Weber said...

I am so happy to see you are all settled Deborah, your new home looks wonderful and your craft room is going to bring you hours and hours of pleasure. Your card today is so pretty, love the French Country image that you colored...I haven't tried coloring mine yet but you have inspired me to give it a try.

Pauline said...

This card is beautiful, sure to cheer up your friend. Your house looks so BIG! Love your craft room, and the fab open plan space you have, so glad you are almost there with the unpacking!

Paula (PEP) said...

Definitely interesting to use vellum as one of the layers - will have to remember that one. As for your stash & house - amazing amount of space & I'm glad you're almost sorted & can get on with living/crafting.
Paula (PEP)

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors and stampings on your sketch card Deborah - your new home in the US looks wonderful - look at all the sofas you have!! and your craft room is looking good!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love those colors, Deborah, and the layers with the vellum in between are perfect! Great job!

Jean Martin said...

Oh Deb this is beautiful! I don't have that set yet. Now I want it because of your card! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Kelly said...

So pretty...that little touch of vellum is perfect :)

Renee said...

Beautiful Deb!
Don't you just love this set?
I want to use it for everything it's so perfect!
And love the vellum...
I'm thinking I may have to start using some of that myself ;)
So sweet of you to think of your friend so far away...
I know she appreciates it more than words can say!
So glad you're getting settled in...
looks like a wonderful home and hope you have oodles of happy memories to be made there! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Deborah, thanks for sharing your space with us.

-Aneta- said...

You card is so elegant Deborah :) love this small flower in the corner and perfect colouring :)

Lenet said...

Beautiful card, great stamping. .Thanks for joining us at WMSC.

Sharron said...

Beautiful card, Deborah! I love the soothing colors and how you used images from French Country! I just adore that set! Glad to see you are getting settled in--your office looks wonderful!

Kary said...

Hi Deborah! Your card is Gorgeous, love the pretty colours!! Wow, your new house and your craft room look fabulous!! You have a wonderful home! So glad to see you've settled in nicely.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah, glad to see you are settling in nicely! Glad to have you back. thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

You're sounding like your usual efficient, positive self now Deborah! It must feel wonderful to have your house organised, including that all-important craft space, and it looks great. I love your pretty layered card and what a lovely thought - hope your friend is feeling better soon. Vicky x

Lynn Mercurio said...

Your creation for the challenge is beautiful. Seeing that vellum just makes me so very happy...as well as those gorgeous colors.

Your new home is beautiful. So very spacious and I adore all the natural light. Thanks for sharing these photos of your home. I hope you are happy there for a very long time!

Loli said...

Hola Deb, thank you for your comments...you have to much work in your house, very bright craft room,to organize a new home is veeery hard:D:D:D.
Beautiful card for your friend, i hope she is better.
A hug from the other side of the ocean.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love all the WM images you used! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC! Your home looks wonderful! So glad to see you all settled in :)

Kimberley said...

Beautiful get well card - love the colours.

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful work. I love those layers. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...