Wednesday 17 February 2016

TMR - Colours ....

.... Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#29.  We have a colour challenge for you - MONOCHROMATIC - you get to pick the colour. As always, your project must have a masculine style.  I've made an uber clean and simple card, it's also a smallish card measuring only 5" × 3½":

Awesome - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Simply Said, Background Builders Round in Circles
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up DP - Pacific Point


I used the sketch from this week's CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#160 for the layout, adapting it a bit for a rectangle.  I decided to pick shades of blue for my card.  As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use these lovely grungy circles.  I started by stamping the word Awesome in the middle of the card - I used the MISTI to position the image.  I then added the smaller sentiments above and below.  I finished by stamping the circles.  I really like Kaleidacolor pads - they make monochromatic schemes so easy!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of blue design paper and added a pattern up the side of the white card.

Awesome inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsAwesome sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the team.  You've got plenty of time to play along - deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) Tuesday 1st March (7.00pm EDT).  I hope you have fun with this challenge.  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I must remember to use my kaleidoscope inks as they look fabulous. Cute size on the card and loving the inside too x Gorgeous card x

Skylark said...

Sometimes the simplest cards are the best! I have several of the Uniko BB sets but not that one. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week Deborah. Stef x

Beverley said...

LOVE this! Awesomely CAS, the monochrome blues and especially the combo of Uniko stamps :) Thanks for linking up at CC&S this week too. Hugs Bev x

karen h said...

Love the gradient inking! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Unknown said...

Deborah - i love the variety of blues showcased in this beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week again. Hope to see you next. Liz x

Patricia Hays said...

Deborah, I love the color gradient in the sentiment! It's a terrific masculine card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

This is CAS through and through, so needless to say I love it. Those blues are so cool. Thanks, too, for entering it in the sketch challenge at CC&S
Louise xx

Rocky said...

Those Kaleidacolour pads are just perfect for this, it looks fab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...