Saturday 13 February 2016

52CCT - Colours ....

.... Hello from an arctic cold and rather snowy Northville. The weather is just right for making Christmas/winter cards, which is fortunate as it's time for our colour challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT06-16. April has picked some fabulous colours - BLUE, CREAM AND GOLD. Here's my card:

Holly Jolly - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Favourite Things - Grand Holiday Greetings, Seasonal Sentiments; Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Whisper White (pigment), Night of Navy; Brilliance - Galaxy Gold
Dies: WMS - Holly; Memory Box - Postage Rectangle Layers #3
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; SU Card - Night of Navy; SU DP - Night of Navy; Gold Mirri Card; White Signo Pen


I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with these colours, but I'm really pleased how this turned out. Over at Merry Monday - MM#191 the team would like to see the "Chalkboard Technique" and at Jingle Belles - JB:16:04 they want to see TEXT. So I thought text and chalk boards go together and my board is dark blue!! I cut a panel of design paper slight smaller than the base, ran a gold pen around the edge and adhered it flat to the card. Next I die cut a rectangle of navy card and stamped this bold greeting in white pigment ink and heat embossed with white powder. I doodled a border in white pen and then adhered the panel to some gold card and attached it to the front of the card. I finished the front with some gold die cut holly, complete with blue berries! On the inside I made a mat from navy card. On the white card I stamped a Christmas greeting and added some gold holly leaves.

Edited:  I've just added my card to the Merry Monday challenge and I think I must have been subconsciously CASing Betty!  Her card is absolutely fabulous

Holly Jolly inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHolly Jolly sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit our blog to see what the rest of the team have created to inspire you. You've got plenty of time to play along - deadline is midnight (GMT) Friday 19th February (7.00pm for those of us in the States). I hope you all have a super weekend, I've a busy one planned with some fun stuff and some tax paperwork too! Well, it can't be all fun! See you soon.

signature

12 comments:

Betty said...

i am very flattered that you cased my card and it's gorgeous done in blue - i often see cards on blogs, pinterest, wherever and then make a card not realizing i've cased someone - and so pleased that you entered the MM challenge.

Jacqueline said...

Sounds jolly cold where you are Deborah - you've made a gorgeous card though - very pretty - Jacqueline xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fabulous card Deborah. Love the bold sentiment and the background paper. Great doodling too.
Not heard of the chalkboard technique...must check that out.
Sharon xx

Elizabeth said...

How fun to do the "chalkboard" in a non traditional color! Love your card!

Bonnie said...

I love your blue chalkboard, Deborah! So much more lively than black! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Kajcyika said...

This is really beautiful! :) xx Kaja

SmilynStef said...

Love how your sentiment si the star of the show ... so very glad you got TEXT-y with us at Jingle Belles.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

What a lovely card! Xx

Fabiola said...

Magnifique Déborah, j'aime les sujets que tu as assemblé, le résultat en vaut la peine, biz

Julie said...

Beautiful card
Julie T

Sybrina K said...

Deborah, What a lovely card! The palette is so pretty, and I love your take on the chalkboard look.

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous palette and a brilliant use of that super-pretty sentiment card! thanks for joining our texting fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...